November 19, 2018 at 11:07 AM #60614CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo is now available to download via an unofficial build. This Android 8.1 Oreo based LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo (i9300i, i9301, s3ve3g) is brought to you by developer Thargorsson (PythonLimited).
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to Thargorsson and LineageOS project:
– No donation link found Thargorsson
– Donate to LineageOS project
By the time the LineageOS 15.1 which is based on Android Oreo 8.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo has come, we already have Android Pie based LineageOS 16 to Download for many devices. you can have a look for the latest update for your device.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH HAS MANY BUGS.
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP EVERYTHING AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM requires a custom recovery on Galaxy S3 Neo, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person doing changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo – Android 8.1 Oreo ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– SensorsKNOWN ISSUES:
– Search and Developer options in settings crash (flash magisk to fix)
– RIL (partially)
– Vibration on buttons
– no SuperSU support only Magisk
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
- Galaxy S3 Neo TWRP Download (i9300i, i9301, s3ve3g)
- ROM Download link of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo
- GApps for LineageOS 15.1
su Root binary is NOT inbuilt in LineageOS 15.1, so you may need to install a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to gain ROOT access. Here is LineageOS 15.1 Root guide
If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.
HOW TO UPDATE/INSTALL LineageOS 15.1 FOR Galaxy S3 Neo; ANDROID 8.1 OREO CUSTOM ROM:
– Fresh LineageOS 15.1 installation guide
– LineageOS 15.1 update on top of previous LineageOS 15.1 ROM
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Neo for the first time, or coming from another ROM:Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 15.1 ROM ZIP files to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo.
– Make sure to have a Custom recovery like a TWRP recovery or any other custom recovery.
If not then download the TWRP recovery from Downloads link and follow this guide to install TWRP on Galaxy S3 Neo
- Wipe the data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache or ART cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Install the Galaxy S3 Neo LineageOS 15.1 ROM file that you have copied into the phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and install the Oreo Gapps for LineageOS 15.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Neo.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Neo (i9300i, i9301, s3ve3g):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo ROM ZIP file, Oreo 8.1 GApps and/or supersu ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery.
– Make sure you have a latest custom Recovery that should be able to flash the LineageOS 15.1 ROM update.
- Format or wipe the system partition from the custom recovery menu.
- Install the LineageOS 15.1 ROM for Galaxy S3 Neo.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Neo, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Neo, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to Enable ROOT for LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo.
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo with LineageOS 15.1 on Galaxy S3 Neo. After the installation of LineageOS 15.1 for Galaxy S3 Neo you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 15.1 ROOT.
? GCam APK | LineageOSNovember 23, 2018 at 2:24 AM #61079ThomMember
Thanks for Searching for LineageOS 15.1 for Samsung S3 Neo.
The ROM Downlink Link is wrong. It is for Galaxy S3 and not for requested S3 Neo.
So I request correction for the ROM Download Link.November 23, 2018 at 9:25 PM #61164
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.