LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums ASUS Device Forums Zenfone 2 – Z008, Z00A, Z00D LineageOS 14.1 for Zenfone 2 (Z008, Z00A, Z00D) Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Hello guys, i have a issue when i tried to flash the root x86 binaries. Everything goes fine, but when i try to use any app who needs a SU autorization nothing pop up and looks i dont have any root.

Phone: Zenfone 2 ZooAD
    Rom: Lineage OS 14.1

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25391]Hello guys, i have a issue when i tried to flash the root x86 binaries. Everything goes fine, but when i try to use any app who needs a SU autorization nothing pop up and looks i dont have any root.

Phone: Zenfone 2 ZooAD
    Rom: Lineage OS 14.1
    [/quote]

Have you enabled ROOT (su access) for apps after flashing su binary??

Linux User
    Participant

The same for me install was perfect root enableb for both android and apps, but whern install app which needs root, it says “no root” check is your device rooted.

Linux User
    Participant

Do not install this rom: no root even with all options enabled and supersu binary installed, battery drains 3x faster than in Marshmallow. Some kind of joke. With M charged 1 time in 3 days, in this build baterry drains in 30 hours practically with no use.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25910]Do not install this rom: no root even with all options enabled and supersu binary installed, battery drains 3x faster than in Marshmallow. Some kind of joke. With M charged 1 time in 3 days, in this build baterry drains in 30 hours practically with no use.
    [/quote]

On which variant of Zenfone 2 do you have this issue?? Z008, Z00A, Z00D??
    These are all officially supported LineageOS 14.1 version(s). If you have such big issues on these ROMs, you can signup and raise a jira @ https://jira.lineageos.org (BUG tracking tool for LineageOS) with appropriate logs and data that will help the maintainer to solve this issue.

Linux User
    Participant

Another bad thing which I found that GPS doesnt work at all :-( Never finds GPS signal.

Linux User
    Participant

hello @Shibaa987 thank you for providing us this OS.

i have just revived this old phone and wished to upgrade the OS using this.

i have an issue when i click the download link for the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Zenfone 2 (Z00A) (and the rest) it redirect me to other page saying that:
    <h4>Whoops – this page doesn’t exist</h4>
    This device has no available builds. Please select another device.

any reason that the link doesnt work anymore?

thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.