- May 10, 2017 at 1:35 AM #18834
Here comes the LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z4 Tablet via an unofficial build. If you want the OFFICIALLineageOS update or some more Lineage ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the LineageOS Nougat ROMs page. This Xperia Z4 Tablet LineageOS 14.1 (karin) is brought to you by kv123
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S):
NO donation link found for kv123.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD AND MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Xperia Z4 Tablet (karin) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Xperia Z4 Tablet (karin) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.
Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z4 Tablet, Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z4 Tablet NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Z4 TABLET LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Z4 Tablet (karin) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z4 Tablet ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Recovery Installation Guide for Xperia Z4 Tablet (karin). (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to Erase data on Android phone.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– Data backup on Android device
– Complete ROM backup guide
- First flash the Xperia Z4 Tablet LineageOS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining LineageOS installation guide.
- DO NOT REBOOT YET. Now flash the LineageOS Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post that explains How to flash GApps.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Z4 Tablet (karin).
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z4 Tablet (karin):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z4 Tablet ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explains how to update LineageOS.
- Then flash the GApps for Lineage Nougat ROM package.
– Here is a post explaining update GApps using TWRP.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Z4 Tablet (karin). After the installation of Xperia Z4 Tablet LineageOS 14.1 (karin) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.November 26, 2017 at 3:03 AM #29555
hi are there any plans/timeline for a Lineage 15 for this device? thanks
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.