- June 21, 2017 at 5:29 AM #22280
Here comes the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 14.1 for Pixel C ROM build. Also, here is the LineageOS 15 for Pixel C, which you can try. If you want some more Lineage ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 ROMs page or the latest Android O Lineage ROMs list of supported devices.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL NIGHTLY BUILD WHICH MAY HAVE BUGS. HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Google Pixel C (dragon) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Pixel C (dragon) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Lineage OS 14.1 for Pixel C NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Lineage OS 14.1 FOR Pixel C NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Pixel C (dragon) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and OFFICIAL Pixel C Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Recovery Installation Guide for Pixel C (dragon) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Pixel C Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining installing Lineage OS
- Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Lineage OS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 for Pixel C (dragon).
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 14.1 for Pixel C (dragon):
- Copy the latest Pixel C Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Then flash the Gapps for Lineage OS 14.1 package.
– Here is a post explaining installing GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Pixel C (dragon). After the installation of Pixel C Lineage OS 14.1 (dragon) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
Lineage OS Rooting guide.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.