LineageOS 14.1 for P8 Lite (alice) Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Huawei Device Forums P8 Lite – alice LineageOS 14.1 for P8 Lite (alice) Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Huawei P8 Lite LineageOS 14.1 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage ROMs or wanna taste the OFFICIAL LineageOS build then stay tuned the LineageOS 14.1 ROM collection page. This LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice) is brought to you by developer surdu_petru.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER:

If you like this ROM then please consider a donation to surdu_petru.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Huawei P8 Lite (alice) requires the bootloader to be unlocked on the Huawei P8 Lite (alice) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice) Nougat 7.1 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice)

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Huawei P8 Lite LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate ROOT binary package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE LineageOS 14.1 FOR Huawei P8 Lite NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice). After the installation of LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (alice) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Huawei P8 Lite (alice) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

This one works really great actually. Only thing that doesn’t work unfortunately is the Camera (only recording part).
    Tried third party apps but those fail also. It fails directly after one second.

GPS, apps, play store etc. works perfect and very stable.

So if you have a fix for the camera, that would be really great.
    And if I check for updates in settings, it doesn’t work either.

Thanks!!

Linux User
    Participant

At first I thought GPS was working fine but it isn’t.. Really looking for an update.
    Thanks again

Linux User
    Participant

not work tetchering wifi, and switch 3g/LTE.

LTE mode is always on, so you can not make calls.

Specify exactly which GAPPS to install because “Pico GAPPS” pops up “error 63” during installation.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi there. I have no idea about all this techy stuff. I just tried out of curiousness. No i got into big trouble. My phone doesnt start up. IT only shows orange screen and thats all.
    I was able to unlock the bootloader and flashed twrp (twrp-3.1.0-2-alice.img). I did also installed the lineage-14.1-20170508-UNOFFICIAL-alice.zip but nothing happen. can somebody suggest or help me to get this fix, pls?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=24258]Hi there. I have no idea about all this techy stuff. I just tried out of curiousness. No i got into big trouble. My phone doesnt start up. IT only shows orange screen and thats all.
    I was able to unlock the bootloader and flashed twrp (twrp-3.1.0-2-alice.img). I did also installed the lineage-14.1-20170508-UNOFFICIAL-alice.zip but nothing happen. can somebody suggest or help me to get this fix, pls?
    [/quote]

Hi @danlozada can you explain a little bit more of the problem??
    What problem do you exactly face??
    Is it booting or not??

Linux User
    Participant

Yeah, he does a really good job. the only problem is the sound problem at the moment of calling. Sounds like a robot, unfortunately. Have you ever encountered this kind of problem before?

Linux User
    Participant

Hello folks!

I have a problem with Lineage 14.1 on my Huawei P8 lite (ALE-L21). I don’t have “Goggle Contacts” option after the installation and setup at ACCOUNTS/GOOGLE/..@GMAIL.COM. I have tried ALL versions of OpenGapps. Without success. During the installation you can see in some logs how Google Contacts will installed. Nevertheless it’s never available. I have used the following data:

TWRP v3.1.1.0 (afterwards also with TWRP v3.2.3-ksrl12)
    lineage-14.1-20181001-alice.zip
    Magicx_v7.1.zip
    open_gapps-arm64-7.1-XXXXXX-20181030.zip (all versions)

I had always started from scratch, including full wiping. The contacts were not included in any variant. What could be the problem?

Siba
    Keymaster

You can anyway download the Google Contacts from playstore after installing GApps and loggin in using a gmail account.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.