• December 2019

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi) Nougat ROM

CyanogenMod ROM Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy TAB S 10.5 – T800, T805 – chagallwifi, chagalllte LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi) Nougat ROM

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Author
    scott0_1

Sorry for all the posts! I found out that I needed the Marshmallow bootloader. Once I installed it, Lineage installed fine. Then I ran into the wifi problem. Then I installed the unofficial ROM from DarkExistence and everything worked great.

Installing my apps from the Play Store now. Thanks for all the effort!!!

sk112

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (US Cellular) model SM-T807R4 (aka chagalllteusc). Does this Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi(Chagallwifi) work on my device. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

shibaa987
    Participant

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (US Cellular) model SM-T807R4 (aka chagalllteusc). Does this Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi(Chagallwifi) work on my device. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

The chagallwifi is for the WiFi ONLY variant.
    You seem to have the LTE variant. You can try the LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE

I am not sure if it will be 100% compatible, but if you are interested then you can give it a try.
    Make sure to have a NANDROID BACKUP and a complete backup of current data.

Make provision so that you can roll back to the current state in case things go wrong.

Cheers.

sk112

Thank you. one more follow-up question. If I want only WIFI without need for LTE would chagallwifi WiFi ONLY variant work on this SM-T807R4 tablet?.

shibaa987
    Participant

If the hardware spec is all same except the LTE then I think it should work.
    Do you have a specification page for these two devices ??

sk112

Here is specification for SM-T807 (USCellular/Verizon LTE cellular wireless)
    Model: SM-T807R4 (chagalllteusc)
    SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
    CPU Architecture: ARMv7 Processor rev0(v71)
    Board: MSM8974
    Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974

==============================
    Specification for SM-T800 (chagallwifi), T805(chagalllte)- used for AT&T and T-Mobile celluar GSM/LTE
    Soc: Samsung Exynos Octa 5420

sk112

I did try BOTH chagallwifi and chagalllte and found both of these don’t work on Qualcomm Snapdragon which is on SM-T807 model of Samsung tablet S. Is there any Lineage OS that is being developed or available on Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset?

shibaa987
    Participant

Well, I cannot guarantee but I will look around the web for a LineageOS 14 for the US variant.

By the way, can you tell me what’s the error you faced while installing the ROMs on your phone?

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.