LineageOS ROMs › Forums › Samsung Device Forums › Galaxy TAB S 10.5 – T800, T805 – chagallwifi, chagalllte › Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi) Nougat ROM
- March 30, 2017 at 3:08 PM #16382
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi has now arrived via an OFFICIAL build. If you want some more Lineage OS ROMs then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM Devices list page. This Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 is an OFFICIAL Lineage OS for Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFi WiFi, which means you will be getting weekly updates of this ROM for your device. An unofficial build is brought to you by DarkExistence.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
If you like this Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi then consider a donation to DarkExistence.DISCLAIMER:
HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Lineage OS 14.1 GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 (chagallwifi, SM-T800):
- Copy the latest Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Lineage OS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi (chagallwifi, SM-T800). After the installation of Galaxy TAB S 10.5 WiFi Lineage OS 14.1 ROM (chagallwifi, SM-T800) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on Lineage OS 14.1.April 2, 2017 at 3:03 PM #16622
I’m having trouble with the wifi. It will not turn on at all. Is there a fix for it?April 2, 2017 at 9:54 PM #16637
Also, Ive followed all of the install steps for my Galaxy Tab S 10.5 chagallwifi and re-installed multiple times with the same results…wifi not workingApril 3, 2017 at 1:57 AM #16667
@philyrey If multiple flashings did not help getting the wifi on, then I guess it could be a bug in the ROM itself. You need to wait for an update.
IN the mean time, let me look around for some unofficial builds by other developers.April 3, 2017 at 2:05 AM #16671
Can you check if this ROM has the wifi working??
April 3, 2017 at 3:40 AM #16675
- This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by shibaa987.
Yes, the DarkExistence build has a working wifiApril 3, 2017 at 4:31 AM #16676
Thank you for your help. No other bugs to report as of nowApril 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM #16679April 11, 2017 at 7:27 PM #17411
I tried to install this last night. Several times. Each time on reboot, the tablet would freeze at the Samsung logo. I did get two errors during install, but ultimately it said the install was successful. I’m using TWRP 3.0.2 to install. Do I need 3.1.0?
I tried both the official and unofficial builds with the same outcome.
Thanks for any help!April 12, 2017 at 5:31 AM #17417
I updated TWRP and I didn’t get the same errors, but the boot still freezes on the Samsung logo.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.