- April 8, 2017 at 12:06 AM #16958
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H) has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build. If you want some more LineageOS ROMs then stay tuned to the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM Devices list page. This Galaxy E5 Lineage OS 14.1 is brought to you by developer jackeagle.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER:
If you like this ROM then consider a donation to jackeagle.DISCLAIMER:
HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H) may require the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H) Nougat 7.1 ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Not KnownKNOWN ISSUES:
– Not Known
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 NOUGAT 7.1 BASED CUSTOM ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy E5 Lineage OS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the GApps and LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery. Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide for Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H) (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- First flash the Galaxy E5 LineageOS 14.1 ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS.
- DO NOT REBOOT yet. Then flash the Lineage OS 14.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash Lineage OS 14.1 GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Nougat 7.1 LineageOS 14.1 ROM for Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H).
Upgrading from earlier version of Galaxy E5 Lineage OS 14.1 (e53g, E500H):
- Copy the latest LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the latest Lineage OS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS.
- Then flash the LineageOS 14.1 Nougat GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS 14.1 for Galaxy E5 (e53g, E500H). After the installation of Galaxy E5 Lineage OS 14.1 ROM (e53g, E500H) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.May 29, 2017 at 7:40 PM #19884
Hi, I have install this rom and I have some bugs:
1 – Headphone, its work normal with youtube app and youtube browser, but not work with music apps (I have test with 3 apps)
2 – only visual bug in developer options, Animator’s duration scale. It’s 5x and not 0.5x
3 – Default Camera Not Record video.
4 – Keyboard more less slow to open and type.
Good rom. Thanks so much!
I disclosed this rom in the galaxy group e5 Brasil (facebook).
Sorry my english! 😀June 2, 2017 at 2:04 AM #20276
shibaa987KeymasterJune 25, 2017 at 10:17 PM #22786
Seyed Milad HashemiParticipant
I install it but the sim2 not work propebly. the phone recognize sim2 but not working for dailing or sms.
I forced back to the official 5.1.1 rom 🙁November 4, 2017 at 5:29 AM #27179
Does this ROM work in SM-E500M?
This was the model which was sold in Brazil.
Maybe the problems that these guys reported must be because of this.
And if this will be the cause of problems, give a check, please. We’ll be very grateful.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.