- November 15, 2017 at 8:12 AM #27434
Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1 has now arrived via a development build. This post provides the download link to Lineage OS 14.1 ROM for Essential Phone PH-1 (mata) and guides through the installation process of the same. This Lineage OS 14.1 Nougat ROM for Essential Phone PH-1 is brought to you by developer Invisiblek.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to Invisiblek:
donation to Invisiblek
If you want the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 14.1 update for Essential Phone PH-1 or Android Nougat ROMs for other devices then stay tuned to the LineageOS 14.1 ROMs list. For Android OREO based ROMs, stay tuned to the Lineage OS 15 ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page.DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Essential Phone PH-1 requires an unlocked bootloader on Essential Phone PH-1, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of Lineage OS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1 Nougat ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1 ANDROID NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM INSTALLATION:
HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE Essential Phone PH-1 TO THE LINEAGE OS 14.1 BASED ANDROID NOUGAT ROM:
Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 on the Essential Phone PH-1 (mata) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Download and Copy the the LineageOS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1 Nougat ROM ZIP to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
Make sure to have a Custom recovery like TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then download the recovery for Essential Phone PH-1 from above link and follow the Mediatek TWRP recovery installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
- Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
– How to backup all data on your Android Device
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Flash the Lineage OS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1 Nougat ROM ZIP from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
- Reboot and Enjoy Android Nougat with LineageOS 14.1 ROM on Essential Phone PH-1.
Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1:
- Copy the latest Essential Phone PH-1 Lineage 14.1 ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Flash the LineageOS ROM ZIP from your phone.
– Here is a post explaining how to install LineageOS
- Reboot and Enjoy
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with Lineage OS on the Essential Phone PH-1. After the installing LineageOS 14.1 for Essential Phone PH-1, you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.
If you have any issues on this ROM then here is the dev thread at XDA where you can place your concerns. Make sure to have log information captured before raising any concerns there.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.