LG K8 Lineage OS 15 – Download and installation Guide

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums LG Device Forums K8 LG K8 Lineage OS 15 – Download and installation Guide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Oreo 8.0 ROM, LineageOS 15 for LG K8 has now arrived via a development build. This post provides the download link to LineageOS 15 ROM for LG K8 and guides through the installation process of the same. If you want the OFFICIAL Lineage OS 15 update or some more Android Oreo ROMs then stay tuned to the Android Oreo Lineage ROMs page or the AOSP Android Oreo ROMs devices list page. This Lineage OS 15 Oreo ROM for LG K8 is brought to you by developer RomClaims.

DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):

No donation link found for RomClaims.

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a LG K8 requires an unlocked bootloader on LG K8 Mediatek, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Lineage OS 15 for LG K8 Oreo 8 ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Unknown
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Unknown

Lineage OS 15 for LG K8 Oreo 8 ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR THIS LineageOS 15 for LG K8 OREO CUSTOM ROM INSTALLATION:

Root binary is NOT inbuilt in Lineage OS ROM, so you may need a separate SuperSu package or LineageOS su binary to install to gain ROOT access. Here is Lineage OS Rooting guide
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try SuperSU rooting guide to enable ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE THE LG K8 TO THE LINEAGE OS 15 BASED ANDROID OREO ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 15 on the LG K8 for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

• Download and Copy the GApps and the LineageOS 15 for LG K8 Oreo ROM ZIP to your phone.
      • Boot into Recovery.
        Make sure to have a Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP or any other custom recovery. If not then download the recovery for LG K8 from above link and follow the Custom Recovery Installation Guide (it’s a generic guide which will work for TWRP as well as CWM recovery or any other recovery)
      • Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
        – Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.

This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM
        How to backup all data on your Android Device
        how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery

• First flash the Lineage OS 15 for LG K8 Oreo ROM ZIP from device. Then flash the GApps zip from your device memory.
        – Here is a post explaining how to install Lineage OS
      • Then reboot into recovery (don’t skip this) and flash the Gapps for LineageOS 15 package.
        – Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
      • Reboot and Enjoy Android Oreo with LineageOS 15 ROM on LG K8.
    2. Upgrading from earlier version of Lineage OS 15 for LG K8:

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Oreo 8.0 with Lineage OS on the LG K8. After the installing LineageOS 15 for LG K8, you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 15.
    Stay tuned or Subscribe to the LG K8 forum For other Android Oreo, Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 15 ROMs, other custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.

Linux User
    Participant

I have a 255 update error when installing the rom with twrp3, what can it be? it has me crazy.
    My model of the 2016 lg k8 version k350n.
    also can not use fastboot flash recovery twrp.img only fastboot boot twrp.img and so install twrp in the phone.
    Please help me, thank you.

Linux User
    Participant

hello, get install it and now it does not boot, nor load, nor can it in download mode, I try to make a testpoint to repair it but I do not find information about it, I opened the zip of the lineage and the boot.img weighs 8 megs while mine weighs 16 megs I think that’s the reason why it was made a hard brick, does not have some solution, because I broke the system.
    Help please, thank you.

Linux User
    Participant

La room lanza error 255 al instalarla lo cual hace que se dañe el movil para arreglarlo toca ir a la pagina oficial de lg y descargar el firmewarw original e inslatarlo con lg up. Agradeceria a los administradores recizar la room por que enserio a mas de un usuarios nos gustaria esta room.Espero alguna respuesta gracias
    The room threw the 255 error when installing it which causes the phone to move to fix it, go to the official page to download and write the original password and inscribe it with the copy. I would thank the administrators for the room where the users’ room is located.

Linux User
    Participant

I installed the rom with Flashify (for root users) because with twrp I gave 255 error, now I do not boot the phone or dowload mode, nor hard reset when I insert the cable to the pc the drives the deteccata but the phone disconnects only the drivers I’ve done it and tried to do test point but without exrom kdz but I mentioned before it starts, thanks and if you can help me it would be the best.

Yo instale el rom con Flashify (for root users) por que con twrp daba error 255, ahora no me arranca el movil ni modo dowload, ni hard reset al insertar el cable al pc los drives los detecata pero el telefono se desconecta solo los drivers lo he habierto y he intentado hacer test point pero sin exrom kdz pero lo mencionado antes que ro arranca, gracias y si pueden ayudarme seria lo mejor.

Linux User
    Participant

Lo que yo hice para repara mi lg fue instalar los drivers mas recientes del teléfono, luego me descargue el lg up y lo inicie conectando al mismo tiempo el teléfono, seleccione la room original anteriormente descargada y la reinstale aquí el link del vídeo que utilice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x63BKwaIUfA&t=709s espero te sirva y puedas arreglar tu movil.
    Al parecer esta room es del lg k8 2017 y creo que por eso nos sale este error ya que si comparamos la fecha en la que salio la room y la fecha en la que salio el teléfono al mercado son similares, por eso agradecería que algún administrador revisara la room y aclarara para que modelo en especifico, y si algo corregir los errores si la room es para nuestro lg k8 2016 versión k350n

What I did to repair my lg was to install the most recent drivers of the phone, then I downloaded the lg up and started connecting the phone at the same time, select the original room previously downloaded and reinstall here the video link using https : //www.youtube.com/watch? v = x63BKwaIUfA & t = 709s I hope you serve and can fix your phone.
    Apparently this room is from lg k8 2017 and I think that’s why we get this error because if we compare the date on which the room came out and the date on which the phone went to the market are similar, so I would appreciate it if any administrator will check the room and will clarify for what model in specific, and if something correct the errors if the room is for our lg k8 2016 version k350n

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.