- This topic is empty.
- April 7, 2020 at 1:32 PM #110432Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT is now available to download from an unofficial build. This article explains how to install the LineageOS 17.1 on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECTDISCLAIMER:
This is an initial build of LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT, which may have many bugs.
Make sure to backup all important data of your phone.
Keep in mind that you are the only person making changes to your phone. Neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.Installing the “Lenovo Z5 Pro GT LineageOS 17.1” requires an unlock bootloader on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT, which will VOID your warranty.
Known Issues on this LineageOS 17.1 build?WHAT’S WORKING:
– Calls/SMS/Mobile data
– Fingerprint sensor (FOD)
– Slider function (Open slider – answer call or wakeup screen, close slider – end call.)KNOWN ISSUES:
– Permissive SELinux
– You have to set notification and ringtone sound by going to Setting > Sound
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT?
- LineageOS 17.1 Download (build date: 5th Feb 2020)
- TWRP Download to install LineageOS 17.1 ROM
- How to install TWRP
- Lenovo Z5 Pro GT unlock bootloader guide – required to install TWRP recovery
- LineageOS 17.1 GApps
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
- Download ADB to sideload the ROM
– ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
– ADB Fastboot for Linux and MAC
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT?
Following are the two sub-sections of this Lenovo Z5 Pro GT LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- Installing LineageOS 17.1 for the first time
- Upgrading from existing LineageOS 17.1 ROM build
First Time Installation of Lenovo Z5 Pro GT LineageOS 17.1 –This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Boot into the TWRP Recovery to install the “Lenovo Z5 Pro GT LineageOS 17.1” Android 10 based custom ROM.– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, first, unlock bootloader of your phone, then download and install the TWRP provided in the above download link and then proceed ahead.
- Wipe the data partition, Cache partition and the system partition.– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT LineageOS 17.1 zip file– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Once done, reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
Upgrading from earlier Lineage OS 17.1 on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT –
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on Lenovo Z5 Pro GT.
- Boot into Recovery to flash the updated LineageOS 17.1 for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the LineageOS 17.1 zip file.– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.– Gapps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the GApps.– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root Lenovo Z5 Pro GT on Lineage OS 17.1?
After installing LineageOS 17.1 you may want to enable ROOT on your phone and here is how you can do that:
– LineageOS 17.1 RootingIf there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
GCam for LineageOS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 or later versions are compatible with LineageOS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download for all available phonesStay tuned to the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (heart) page for other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.