Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Lenovo Device Forums K3 Note – aio_otfp Lenovo K3 NOTE LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Hi Shibaa,

I changed the assert condition in updater script and allowed installation on K50. After that it got installed on my K3 Note (device name K50). Thank you for all your support so far. :)

I’ve also installed supersu zip as specified on this link: https://cyanogenmods.org/forums/topic/root-android-using-twrp-recovery-install-supersu/

The only issue I’m seeing is that in Developer options when I try to enable root, I only get 2 options: Disabled / ADB only. I don’t get any option to enable root for apps. What could be the reason?

Linux User
    Participant

@vnathalye

Can you install the SU binary meant for Lineage OS and not the SuperSU built by ChainFire and see you should be able to enable ROOT for user Apps.

Here is the guide: How to enable ROOT on Lineage OS

Let me know if you succeed.

Linux User
    Participant

I did try it first but it gave me error in signature verification. So instead of bypassing that verification I installed the other one.

Anyway, even though its not showing App related options under Root Access, when I tried Root Checker app or Root Explorer option of ES File Explorer, those things worked. So it seems like even though the option is not visible root access to apps is available.

Linux User
    Participant

That sounds good.

Cheers.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

iam using this ROM now for 1 week..
    it is the best ROM till now, i have installed on my device..

there is only one thing that iam concerned about and that is the RAMusage(1,7Gb of 1,8GB used?!)

there is only 50 MB left of the usage..
    Also after killing all the running apps, the usage remain the same..

can somebody tell me more about this?
    or does anybody have an solution? because i want to stick on this ROM..

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=19378]
    there is only one thing that iam concerned about and that is the RAMusage(1,7Gb of 1,8GB used?!)
    there is only 50 MB left of the usage..
    Also after killing all the running apps, the usage remain the same..
    can somebody tell me more about this?
    or does anybody have an solution? because i want to stick on this ROM..
    [/quote]

Is there a lagging in device response when all the RAM is used??

Sometimes it may happen that when the system is exhausted with the memory it may have a soft reboot (basically a kernel panic or kernel crash).

If you face similar issue then there is an underlying issue otherwise you should not be worried much of the backend process, that’s what is my opinion.

Linux User
    Participant

Anyone have used this rom with A7000 Plus (A7000-a)?

Linux User
    Participant

Hi i am stuck on the Lenovo booting logo. Any solutions?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25639]Hi i am stuck on the Lenovo booting logo. Any solutions?
    [/quote]

Looks like other users are able to get through.This means either you have not cleaned properly or haven’t used the latest TWRP !!

Try once more by wiping all applicable partitions and make sure you use the latest TWRP recovery available for K3 Note.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi guys, a very early EXPERIMENTAL build of LineageOS 15 for K3 NOTE has shown up. If anyone is interested??

Remember that this is an early build and may not boot at all. Make sure to have a NANDROID backup before trying this ROM.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.