How to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Using Fastboot

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Am getting below error, Plz advice

C:\Users\welcome\Downloads\platform-tools-latest-windows\platform-tools>fastboot flash recovery TWRP-2.8.7.0-ham-fixSystem-fixADB.img
    target reported max download size of 1610612736 bytes
    sending ‘recovery’ (10194 KB)…
    OKAY [ 0.318s]
    writing ‘recovery’…
    FAILED (remote: device is locked. Cannot flash images)
    finished. total time: 0.350s

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25211]Am getting below error, Plz advice
    writing ‘recovery’…
    FAILED (remote: device is locked. Cannot flash images)
    finished. total time: 0.350s
    [/quote]

Looks like the bootloader of your phone is locked and needs to be unlocked before writing anything into the recovery partition. Which phone is this by the way??

You can check the following Bootloader unlock guide page to know how to unlock bootloader on your Android phone !!

Linux User
    Participant

Ante todo MUCHAS GRACIAS y si no corresponde aquí este mensaje porfavor decicme donde enviarlo.
    Versión Banda Base XXUGNG8
    Compañeros instale la Rom 7.1.2 Nougat Resurrection Remix Os v5.8.5 – 2018-03-20 jftexx y lo instale desde cero, borrando todo, con TWRP 3.1.2.0 y tengo instalado Magisk Manager 16.4 sin ningun Substrato, instale gapps – arm 7.1 pico 20180506.zip no he modificado el Kernel solo esta Rooteado como e mencionado antes, el movil es un SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 Gt i9505 pero ahora tengo un par de problemas que me tienen desesperado, tengo que entrar desde Recovery … reiniciar sistema y enciende , Si lo apagas y lo que intenta encender aparece la batería pero no se puede usar el móvil de modo normal y corriente como devería hacerlo, es decir con el móvil apagado y despues lo pones a carga y en ocasiones no carga como si no hubieras enchufado el cargador. ……..
    Ayuda, Porfavor
    MUCHAS GRACIAS y espero me podais aconsejar? porque no se como como solucionarlo

Linux User
    Participant

It worth to mention notice from TWRP team:
    “Note many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don’t follow this step, you will have to repeat the install.”

Linux User
    Participant

@tuslo yes, that’s right.
    Its a valuable piece of information. I will add this to the Original Post.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi. I need yours help..

C:\Users\pk\Desktop\trwp>fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.img
    target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
    sending ‘recovery’ (12552 KB)…
    OKAY [ 0.414s]
    writing ‘recovery’…
    (bootloader) Image recovery failed validation

(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
    FAILED (remote failure)
    finished. total time: 0.440s

What the problem?

Motorola G4 – Unlocked.

Linux User
    Participant

Can you re-check if the bootloader is really unlocked or not by executing the following command:

fastboot getvar unlocked

Post the output of the above command here so that I can help you further.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a TWRP for a Doogee S55? can´t find it anywhere.

Linux User
    Participant

excuse me,  this method can not work on Xiaomi ‘s devices.

After installed Twrp recovery model,  and we reboot to MIUI of Xiaomi,  I found that MIUI will make devices restore to origin recovery of Xiaomi.

So, if we can reboot devices to recovery after Twrp installed ,  all things will be better!

Linux User
    Participant

I have a leeco turbo x 950 and I can not flash the phone and there is no twrp for my phone, is there any twible that can be used? besides an os?

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.