How to Install TWRP Recovery on Android Using Fastboot

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Rooting status:
    Bootloader unlocked: Yes

Linux User
    Participant

OK.
    If bootloader is unlocked then can you try with the latest ADB & fastboot: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip

And also install the latest driver (if available) for your device.

Linux User
    Participant

Already installed TWRP via Fastboot. Tool says TWRP installed. Nethertheless I can’t boot in TWRP. Used Vol down. This caused a hardreset, but no TWRP.
    Sorry for my ugly schoolenglish.

Greetz

Linux User
    Participant

Issue: The phone has been rebooting with the four colored circles going for 20 minutes.

Steps taken: Unbox and charge a factory sealed Nexus5
    Boot for the first time
    Disable: wifi, bluetooth, nfc, data sync
    Enable: Developer mode, USB Debugger
    Connect to linux with USB cable

fastboot oem unlock (OK)
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.1-0-hammerhead.img (Very fast. ~0.6s)
    (From https://dl.twrp.me/hammerhead/ md5sum: 5e5010c7991618df6e06100756d8adcb)
    fastboot reboot

The phone has been rebooting with the four colored circles going for 20 minutes.

Suggestions?

Linux User
    Participant

After 45 minutes, I power cycled the phone. It restarted. I have not had time to look at the state. You can ignore the previous post.

Linux User
    Participant

twrp for oppo a57(cph1701)

Linux User
    Participant

When I am entering recovery mode from bootloader page, it shows a picture of dead android and says no command. Please help. I am on moto g turbo

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=22351]When I am entering recovery mode from bootloader page, it shows a picture of dead android and says no command. Please help. I am on moto g turbo
    [/quote]

I think the recovery image is not present on the phone or somehow erased.
    Try installing the recovery image once more and then reboot to recovery. Tell me if it still does not work !!

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I followed this methode on my xperia z3c (running on Cyanogen) and i’m stuck during the last step (fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img). This commande return me the following message <Waiting for device> and nothing else happens. i carefully followed the previous steps and everything sounds to be normal exept that.. In the past i allready used TWRP to switch from the nativ os to cyanogen but now i’m stuck with the cyanogen bootloader and i can’t migrate toward Lineage OS :(

If someone had the same problem or has any idea on how i can change my bootloader it will be awsome to share idea !

Linux User
    Participant

I am not able to get past step 7, see screenshot. I have MS631 on marshmallow, the bootloader is unlocked. In some other forums, I found that root is necessary to get twrp recovery but I have not found a way to get root on this device, kingroot doesn’t have support for this yet. Any suggestions?

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.