- May 12, 2016 at 4:42 PM #3616
Here is a simple Step By Step guide explaining How to Install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Phone using Odin flashing tool.
This guide will only be helpful if you have a stock Firmware Image already downloaded with .tar or .tar.md5 extension.
If you have a ROM file with .zip file extension then you have to flash the ROM zip file for your Samsung Phone using a Custom Recovery such as a TWRP recovery or a Red Wolf Recovery etc. and this guide will NOT WORK for you.
If you are a beginner to these things like the Stock Firmware image or Odin then I will tell you in simple words that the Odin is a flashing utility provided by Samsung itself to flash Samsung Firmware.
Here we are going to use Odin to flash the Stock Samsung Firmware on a Samsung phone or tablet.
Manually upgrading a firmware requires patience and a little bit of technical knowledge. Flashing a new Firmware will delete all the data on your Samsung Phone/Tablet. Before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data. Also understand that YOU are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Before proceeding to flash a new Stock Firmware on your Samsung Phone if you want to take a backup of your current data then please follow the link for how to backup all the data on your Samsung android Phone:
Step by step guide to take full backup of your phone data
Files Needed to Install Stock Samsung Firmware Using Odin Flashing Tool:
- Samsung USB drivers
- Download Latest ODIN 3.11
- Stock Samsung Firmware Image.
Here you go to Download Stock Samsung Firmware easily and Quickly.
Make Sure You have already done the below:
Make sure that you have already downloaded all of the above mentioned files. If so, then do the following now:
– Installed the driver for your phone.
– Installed the ODIN application on your PC before proceeding further.
– Make sure you have already downloaded a Stock Firmware which you want to Install/Flash.
How to Install Stock Samsung Firmware on Any Samsung Phone Using Odin:
- Put your phone into download mode. Press and hold these three buttons until you see a WARNING SCREEN! to enter into the Download mode:
Volume DOWN key + Power key + Home key
When you see the WARNING SCREEN press the volume UP key to continue into the Download mode.
- Open the ODIN application on your PC. Connect your phone(while it is still in the download mode) to the PC using a USB cable.
ODIN will show an Added! message on the message box.
[Device Added on ODIN]
- Click on the AP button on the ODIN application and select the Downloaded Firmware Image file.[Click on the AP button and select the FW Image file]
- Select the appropriate options before flashing the recovery image. Make sure only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and all other boxes are un-checked.
[Select the ODIN Options]
- Select the Start button, which will start the flashing process. When you get the PASS message, then your phone will reboot automatically.
[Click on Start and wait till it completes]
- That’s All my friend! Now your Samsung Phone is installed with the Stock Samsung Firmware.
If you have any concerns on this then just login to reply on this thread.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.