Download and Install ADB and Fastboot for Windows

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

ADB and Fastboot are the basic utilities if you want to ROOT, Unlock bootloader or install a custom Recovery like TWRP on any Android device. So, if you are a developer or you want to learn how you can get most out of your Android as a Developer or an advanced user then you must need ADB and Fastboot which are the basic building blocks for your Android.

Here is How to install ADB & Fastboot on Linux and MAC if you are more comfortable with Linux or MAC.

Here I have brought you the One Click ADB and Fasboot Downloads for Windows which is primarily developed by Snoop05. I must say that this a very easy-to-use tool and it’s like plug-n-play installation. As a user you need not to worry and setup anything manually because this utility will be doing everything for you with just One Click.

ADB AND FASTBOOT DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS:

ADB and Fastboot installer Download Link [OLDER DOWNLOAD LINK]
    LATEST ADB and Fastboot Standalone Download

One Click ADB Fastboot Installer

HOW TO INSTALL ADB AND FASTBOOT ON WINDOWS:

Step By Step Guide

1. Download the ADB Fastboot Installer with the filename: adb-setup-1.4.2.exe.
    2. Go to the Downloaded directory and Double-click / Run the adb-setup-1.4.2.exe file.
    3. You will get a Blue coloured command prompt screen with the text highlighting as: Do you want to install ADB and Fastboot? (Y/N)_
      Just press the “Y” key on the keyboard and press Enter to continue.

NOTE: This option installs the ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC.

4. Then it will ask whether to install ADB system-side?
      Just press the “Y” key on the keyboard again and press Enter to continue.

NOTE: This option basically enables the ADB and Fastboot utilities to be accessible from any directory location on your Windows machine. If you are a beginner then it is strongly recommended that you should enable this by clicking “y”

5. Then it will ask whether to install Device Drivers?
      Just press the “Y” key on the keyboard again and press Enter to continue.
    6. This time another installer will be opened automatically.
      Click on Next to continue and when completed just click on Finish button.

NOTE: This actually installs the Google Android USB Drivers. If you are a beginner then this step is also strongly recommended to go with a “y”

Once the ADB, Fastboot and Google Android Drivers are installed, the setup Window will automatically be closed. After that you can access the adb and fastboot from the command window on Windows OS. To open the command window, Press Shift + Right Click on mouse on any directory or any place on Windows explorer and then Click on Open command window here.

Alternatively you can open the Run window by pressing Windows Key + R on keyboard and then type cmd on the Run command window’s text box and then press Enter.

If you have any problem or if you want any help then just login to reply and you will get help instantly.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,
    “Path not found”. What should I do?
    Thank you

Linux User
    Participant

@social_me

Can you try installing the ADB fastboot executable as an Administrator.
    – Right click on the EXE file that you have downloaded.
    – Click on the “Run as Administrator” on the right click menu.

See if this works for you?? and let me know.

Linux User
    Participant

Even with admin privileges, “0 files copied”

Linux User
    Participant

hi,

is 2 files the same? enough download one of them?

– ADB and Fastboot installer Download Link
    – LATEST ADB and Fastboot Standalone Download

tank u

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=25064]hi,

is 2 files the same? enough download one of them?

– ADB and Fastboot installer Download Link
    – LATEST ADB and Fastboot Standalone Download
    [/quote]

– The ADB and Fastboot installer Download Link contains a one click easy-to-use installer file. (This is recommended download link)
    – The LATEST ADB and Fastboot Standalone Download contains the ADB, Fastboot and other supporting libraries. User needs to copy that into a location and set the location to path variable to be accessible from command line window.

If you don’t know which one to download, then I will recommend you to download the ADB and Fastboot installer Download Link.

Hope that clarifies your doubt. :)

Linux User
    Participant

como ajeitar ?

Translation:
    How to fix?

Linux User
    Participant

Can you run the application with Administrator access? I think that the Windows ADB application requires administrator rights to install.

Linux User
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I  put this post in ‘Install TWRP’ the other day, got no replies so I’m putting it here now. Guess I should have put it here to begin with. Sorry, I’m new to this forum and don’t know my around very well yet.

Anyway, I’m having trouble with ADB installation. Keep getting error while trying to install to Win7. Here is my Print Screen showing the error and all else I’m working with:

Please help, Thanx.

Siba
    Keymaster

@m-scott

Instead of installing the one click ADB anf Fastboot, can you just download the LATEST ADB and Fastboot for windows (zip file), then extract the binaries in an easily accessible directory.
    – Then open the command on Windows and then change directory to the above extracted ADB & Fastboot location.
    – Execute the adb and fastboot from there and see if you are able to get it to work or not??

This should work. If not, reply back with screenshots like the way did in the last post, I will surely help you out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.