- November 25, 2018 at 3:54 PM #61261Sibananda SahuKeymaster
TWRP recovery download for HTC U11 (ocn) is now available from an UNOFFICIAL build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for HTC U11 and how to ROOT HTC U11 (using TWRP recovery).
This UNOFFICIAL build of TWRP for HTC U11 is maintained by developer CaptainThrowbackDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TWRP FOR HTC U11. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT HTC U11 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
ROOTING HTC U11 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD FOR HTC U11, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- HTC U11 Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
- Ulocked bootloader on the HTC U11
- USB drivers
- Official TWRP recovery download for HTC U11 (Download the latest file)
- TWRP 3.3.1-1 download for HTC U11 Lineage OS 17.1
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON HTC U11:
- Make sure you have an Unlock bootloader to install TWRP and ROOT the HTC U11
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for HTC U11 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet. Install required USB driver if asked for.
- Run the following command on the command/console window to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on HTC U11:
adb reboot bootloader
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Execute the following command on the console, while the phone is in bootloader mode:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
– While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for HTC U11
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP on HTC U11.
Once it is done, execute the below command on the command console to start the phone into currently installed TWRP recovery mode:
fastboot reboot recovery
That’s all. The HTC U11 should now be flashed with the TWRP recovery. Installing the TWRP recovery alone on the phone will not give you any benefit…. zero.
Read on to know what you can do after installing a TWRP recovery or how to root the HTC U11 using TWRP recovery.
What to do after you install TWRP for HTC U11:
- You can root the HTC U11
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for HTC U11
– LineageOS 16 for HTC U11
- You can install some of the mods available on HTC U11
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on HTC U11.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT HTC U11 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR HTC U11 ROOTING:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP recovery on HTC U11
– Well, this is a very important aspect of this SuperSU ROOT process. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for HTC U11 or one of the following:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file or the Magisk zip file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT HTC U11 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to HTC U11. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the HTC U11 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file from the TWRP file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for HTC U11, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
– Here is a screenshot that shows how to flash the ROOT zip file using TWRP:
- Profit!!! You should now have ROOT on HTC U11.
How to check if HTC U11 has ROOT privilege or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for HTC U11 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC U11 (ocn) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSApril 18, 2020 at 4:31 PM #111175
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.