April 4, 2020 at 9:11 PM #110310CyanogenMod DevKeymaster
Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 for HTC U11 is now available to download from an unofficial build. This article explains how to install the Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC U11 with a step-by-step guide.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S)/PROJECT:DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF Lineage OS 17.1 FOR HTC U11, WHICH HAS MANY BUGS. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You are the only person making changes to your phone; neither the developer nor I can be held responsible for the mistakes done by youInstalling LineageOS 17.1 requires an unlock bootloader on HTC U11, which will delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
Status of the HTC U11 LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 custom ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
– On dual SIM devices, a SIM cannot be re-enabled once it has been disabled
– VOIP calling (audio is extremely choppy)
– Wi-Fi calling
– SeLinux permissive (will be fixed when the bugs are fixed)
Where to Download Lineage OS 17.1 for HTC U11?
- All builds are based off the HTC’s Oreo or Pie firmware
- DSP patch required for Pie firmware – required to flash only once
- ROM Download link of HTC U11 LineageOS 17.1
- TWRP for HTC U11 (ocn) to flash this Lineage OS 17.1 ROM
- GApps for LineageOS 17.1
- How to Root LineageOS 17.1
How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC U11?
Following are the two sub-sections of this HTC U11 LineageOS 17.1 update guide:
- First time installation of LineageOS 17.1 for HTC U11
- Upgrading LineageOS 17.1 for HTC U11 from a previous build of LineageOS 17.1 ROM
Install Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC U11 for the first time:This ROM update process requires few guides to be followed and few files to be downloaded. Everything referred in the below guide is provided in the above downloads section.
- Make sure the phone is running on stock Oreo or Pie firmware.
- If the phone running on Pie formware, flash the DSP img zip file using existing TWRP
– By now your phone must have an unlocked bootloader to proceed with other steps. If not, unlock the bootloader first and proceed ahead.
Make sure to use the TWRP provided in above downloads section or any system-as-root configured TWRP for HTC U11
- Download and Copy the LineageOS 17.1 zip file and the LineageOS 17.1 GApps to your phone.
- Boot into the TWRP custom Recovery to install this LineageOS 17.1 custom ROM build.
- Format data from TWRP (this is required when coming from stock firmware!)
If running on HTC Sense UI, then format the data partition to decrypt it. THIS IS IMPORTANT. DON'T SKIP!
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider taking a complete backup of your phone data or take a backup of all relevant partitions.
– How to backup data on Android
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery
- Wipe the data, system and Cache partition from TWRP.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe using TWRP recovery.
- ADB Sideload the Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
– Here is a post explaining how to do ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot into the TWRP recovery again.
- Then install the LineageOS 17.1 GApps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy the Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 on HTC U11.
Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 17.1:
Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android 10 with LineageOS 17.1 on HTC U11.
- Copy the latest LineageOS 17.1 ROM zip file, LineageOS 17.1 GApps and/or Magisk ROOT package to the phone
- Boot into Recovery to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 update
- Wipe the system partition from the TWRP recovery menu.
- ADB Sideload the HTC U11 Lineage OS 17.1 zip file.
– Here is a post explaining how to ADB sideload using TWRP
- Reboot and see you have the GApps and ROOT access or NOT.
– GApps is built in such a way that it will sustain across ROM updates.
- If you don’t have GApps after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on your phone, then flash the GApps.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- If you don’t have ROOT after upgrading the LineageOS 17.1 on the phone, then flash the SuperSU or Magisk or the Lineage SU binary.
– Here is a post explaining How to ROOT LineageOS 17.1
- Once everything is done, reboot and Enjoy the LineageOS 17.1.
How to Root HTC U11 on Lineage OS 17.1?If there is no ROOT access for some reason even after installing the LineageOS SU binary, then you can try SuperSU Zip to enable ROOT access.
GCam for Lineage OS 17.1 or Android 10?
GCam 7.0 and later versions are compatible with Lineage OS 17.1 or any Android 10 ROM in general.
You can always look into the big list of Google Camera APK download page to get a compatible GCam for your phone.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the HTC U11 (ocn) LineageOS forum For other Android 10, Android Oreo ROMs, Nougat ROMs, or other ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOSApril 5, 2020 at 12:11 PM #110343FabzzzParticipant
Hello and a big thank you for this work!
But I have a problem, my phone loops on the lineageos start screen.
I formatted the data well.
What can I do?
For information I come from lineageos 16.1 and I made a backup. So no problem for that. But I would like to go to 17.1 :)
FabienApril 13, 2020 at 11:23 PM #110925CyanogenMod DevKeymasterApril 16, 2020 at 11:39 PM #111106FabzzzParticipant
Thank you for your response, and forgive me for my English.
I installed this version LineageOS17.1 on LineageOS16.1
I put the lineageos17.1 zip file on my SD card. And after wipe data I installed lineageos with twrp. Should we still do ADB with the same file but from the pc?
Thank you !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.