April 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM #78536sibaKeymaster
The bootloader on the Zenfone Max Plus M1 and mostly on other Android phones are locked due to security reason. Locking the bootloader means the factory firmware provided by ASUS is intact on your phone. Unlocking the bootloader on Zenfone Max Plus M1 will allow the software, to be modified and could make it vulnerable to attack but will open up a whole new space of rooting, custom ROM, cusmization etc.
So there’s risk, but unlocking your bootloader can open up a whole new world of Android customizations. If that’s worth the risk to you, read on for instructions on how to unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone Max Plus M1.
Required Downloads to Unlock Bootloader on Zenfone Max Plus M1:
- Bootloader Unlock device tool apk download for Zenfone Max Plus M1
How To Unlock Bootloader On Zenfone Max Plus M1
- Download the Unlock device tool apk file from the above link and move the file to your phone (Zenfone Max Plus M1).
- Allow installation from unknown sources.
Open settings menu and navigate to Security > Device administrators > Unknown sources.
Check the box and then read and agree to the scary warning.
- Install the Bootloader Unlock Device tool apk on Zenfone Max Plus M1
- Read the user license agreement and click on the PRESS TO UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE to unlock the bootloader on Zenfone Max Plus M1.
Once you’ve run the tool, your phone will restart. This doesn’t take too much longer than a regular boot cycle. That’s all, your phone must have an unlocked bootloader by now. Enjoy the whole new world of Custom ROM, Magisk, etc.
If you have faced any problem unlocking the bootloader on your Zenfone Max Plus M1, then leave a comment here, I will assist you as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the ASUS Zenfone Max Plus M1 forum For TWRP, Lineage OS, Android Custom ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKSeptember 11, 2019 at 12:18 PM #96711romParticipant
not working tried this method nothing happens. Tried also using with pc but still not working. I installed the required device drivers, enable debug mode but still its not unlocked using the fastboot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.