- This topic is empty.
March 29, 2020 at 1:22 AM #109899sibaKeymaster
This is a step-by-step guide on how to unlock bootloader of ROG Phone 2. The bootloader is required to be unlocked in order to install Camera2 API to install Google Camera or install TWRP or LineageOS or any other custom ROM on ROG Phone 2.
The bootloader on the ROG Phone 2 and mostly on other Android phones are locked due to security reason. Locked bootloader means the factory firmware provided by ASUS is intact on your phone. Unlocking the bootloader of ROG Phone 2 will allow the software, to be modified and could make it vulnerable to attack but will open up a whole new space of rooting, custom ROM, customization etc.
Where to Download the ROG Phone 2 UnlockTool?
How To Unlock Bootloader of ROG Phone 2?
- Downloadthe UnlockTool apk file from the above link and copy it to your phone (ROG Phone 2).
- Allow installation from unknown sources.
Open settings menu and navigate to Security > Device administrators > Unknown sources.
Check the box and then read and agree to the scary warning.
- Install the Bootloader UnlockTool APK on ROG Phone 2 (download it from above download link)
- Read the user license agreement and click on the PRESS TO UNLOCK YOUR DEVICE to unlock the bootloader of ROG Phone 2.
Once you’ve run the tool, your phone will restart. This doesn’t take too much longer than a regular boot cycle. That’s all, your phone must have an unlocked bootloader by now. See the next section to know what you can do after unlocking the bootloader.
If you have faced any problem unlocking the bootloader on your ROG Phone 2, then leave a comment here, I will assist you as soon as possible.Stay tuned to the ROG Phone 2 link to get updates of GCam, TWRP, LineageOS, Android Custom ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.