April 12, 2020 at 2:27 AM #110809
Redmi Note 8 Pro is one such popular phone by Xioami but runs on Mediatek chipset unlike majority of the Xiaomi phones that run on Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets. The reason to bring this point is, you may have to use SP flash tool to flash the stock MIUI ROM and not the MiFlash tool.
I hope this guide will help all of those bravehearts getting their Redmi Note 8 Pro back to life!
100% Working Unbrick guide for Redmi Note 8 Pro
There is this guide on XDA that explaina how you can flash some kind of unlocked firmware that has less number of security checks and can be revived using the MTK SP Flash tool (the original unmodified tool provided by Mediatek).
But that guide will not be of much help if you have already bricked your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
This is the step-by-step guide for all those who have already bricked their Redmi Note 8 Pro.IMPORTANT:
This guide may not work on the typical SP Flash Tool that is provided by Mediatek. Rather, this is for the modified SP Flash Tool that comes with the MiFlash Pro tool.
Required Downloads and Resources
- MiFlash Pro download (this tool provides an Authorized Mi Account)
- Drivers to be installed (built in to the MiFlash Pro software)
- Redmi 8 Pro Fastboot ROM (to extract scatter.txt and other images)
How to Unbrick Redmi Note 8 Pro with SP Flash Tool
- Download the required MIUI Fastboot ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro (based on your region) from the above download link and extract the tar.gz file.
This is a huge file of ~ 3+ GB in size. Make sure you first download this and then proceed ahead.
- Download and install the MiFlash Pro tool on a Windows PC.
- Click on the SP Flash tab to open the SP flash tool.
- Select the choose button right next to the Download-Agent box.
Select the MTK_AllInOne_DA_mt6785_mt6765.bin from the pop up file browser that opened.
- Then, select the choose button right next to the Authentication File box.
From the pop up file browser that opened, enter into the SP_Flash_Tool folder to enter and then select the auth_sv5.auth file
- Then, select the choose button right next to the Scatter-loading File box.
Browse to the folder where you have extracted the Fastboot MIUI firmware files on your PC. Go to the images directory and then select the MT6785_Android_scatter.txt file.A scatter file keeps the partition layout information of a Mediatek chipset. It is important to select the correct scatter file for your phone’s chipset only. Redmi Note Pro has the Helio G90T which is same as the MT6785.
- Once the scatter file is selected, the tool will automatically select all available images into respective fields.
If you wish to change or load some specific file for example a TWRP for Redmi Note 8 Pro, then select the blank space next to the partition name and select the respective image file from local storage.
You can also, select which all images to be flashed and skip few if needed. There is a check box on the left side of image name
- Now replcae the Download Only to Firmware Upgrade. Once selected everything click the Download button to start the firmware flashing.
- Now, start the phone in EDL mode and connect the phone to the PC
- Just before the flashing, Xiaomi account login screen will pop-up. Sign-in to the account. There you should see “This computer is bound to your account you can start now” on the login screen. Immediately the firmware flashing will start on the SP Flash tool.
- After the stock MIUI ROM is flashed successfully, you will see a Download OK confirmation on SP Flash Tool.
See the screenshot below:
Once the flashing is done and you see the Download OK image, you can remove the USB cable and reuse your Redmi Note 8 Pro. I hope this method works for you. If you face any issues related to this method, just login and leave a reply.Stay tuned or subscribe to the Redmi Note 8 Pro forum to get updates on GCam, LineageOS 17.1 or other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKApril 12, 2020 at 12:05 PM #110816jeffroblesParticipant
How to put Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro in EDL Mode ?April 13, 2020 at 11:15 PM #110923April 14, 2020 at 1:44 AM #110935
Hi Siba first of all thank you for your time,
in step 8 : I click the Download button to start flashing the firmware
then step 9: Start the phone in EDL mode and connect the phone to the PC(just connect? dont press any button?)
How much time it will needed for the step 10?
thank you again
(the only i want is to enjoy the cm and lineage roms…hahaha from August 2014 in a bakon device)April 14, 2020 at 10:38 PM #110978nicogg08Participant
hi i can´t unbrick my xiaomi redmi note pro 8 account dont autorized :(April 15, 2020 at 1:33 PM #111001
When the phone is bricked by default it will be in the EDL mode.
You can verify that by pressing the power button (basically turning on the phone) and connect to a Windows PC.
Then verify under Ports > Device Manager to see a HS USB QDLoader 9008 port or something.
Once you see this you know that the phone is in EDL mode.
You can connect then and try flashing.
? GCam APK | Mod APKApril 15, 2020 at 1:34 PM #111002April 15, 2020 at 2:48 PM #111009
When log in account this is the msg
”unauthorized for this operation”
and the sp flash this is the msg
ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL (0xC0060005)
the device starts only if I press vol+ and then connect to pc.April 15, 2020 at 9:20 PM #111051
not working..April 16, 2020 at 9:04 AM #111072jeffroblesParticipant
1) I tried using different number to login and it ask for a verification code. After I received the verfication code via SMS. I typed it on the login screen, then, it says Code is invalid even though I typed it correctly. I resend the the code, but still say invalid code.
2) I tried logging in with Facebook, then it says bound to computer and can start but after a while, it says unathorized account.
3) Same with sign in with email, it says bound to computer and can start but after a while, it says unathorized account.
4) My phone is chinese rom when I bought it. So ive tried flashing Chinese Stock Firmware. I had tried also Global Firmware but still no good. And say unathorized account.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.