- February 4, 2019 at 2:07 PM #71904Sibananda SahuKeymaster
This guide explains how to ROOT ZTE Maven 3 using TWRP recovery, as you know the TWRP for ZTE Maven 3 is already available.
ROOTING AN ANDROID PHONE IS A RISKY TASK. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DISCLAIMER.
Rooting ZTE Maven 3 MAY BRICK THE PHONE PERMANENTLY.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOTING BEFORE ROOTING THE ZTE Maven 3.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
How to install TWRP recovery on ZTE Maven 3:
This ROOTING guide for ZTE Maven 3 uses TWRP recovery. You must install the TWRP recovery on your phone to ROOT.
Here is how to install TWRP on ZTE Maven 3.
After you install the TWRP, you can proceed to further steps to ROOT the ZTE Maven 3.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ZTE Maven 3 ROOT GUIDE:Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for ZTE Maven 3
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for ZTE Maven 3. The SuperSU zip file or the Magisk ROOT zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery on ZTE Maven 3 may not be able to install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for ZTE Maven 3 or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- The ZTE Maven 3 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT ZTE Maven 3 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to ZTE Maven 3. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the ZTE Maven 3 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for ZTE Maven 3, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for ZTE Maven 3 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a ZTE Maven 3 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on ZTE Maven 3 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide ROOTING the ZTE Maven 3 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the ZTE Maven 3 (Z835) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.