January 29, 2019 at 12:24 PM #70365Sibananda SahuKeymaster
This guide explains how to ROOT Redmi Note 7 using TWRP recovery, as you know the TWRP for Redmi Note 7 is already available.
ROOTING AN ANDROID PHONE IS A RISKY TASK. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DISCLAIMER.
Rooting Redmi Note 7 MAY BRICK THE PHONE PERMANENTLY.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOTING BEFORE ROOTING THE Redmi Note 7.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
How to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 7:
This ROOTING guide for Redmi Note 7 uses TWRP recovery. You must install the TWRP recovery on your phone to ROOT.
Here is how to install TWRP on Redmi Note 7.
After you install the TWRP, you can proceed to further steps to ROOT the Redmi Note 7.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Redmi Note 7 ROOT GUIDE:Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Redmi Note 7
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for Redmi Note 7. The SuperSU zip file or the Magisk ROOT zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery on Redmi Note 7 may not be able to install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for Redmi Note 7 or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- DM Verity disabler download
- The Redmi Note 7 will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Redmi Note 7 using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file and the no verity encrypt file to Redmi Note 7. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Redmi Note 7 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Redmi Note 7, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Redmi Note 7 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Then flash the no verity encrypt zip file.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Redmi Note 7 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Redmi Note 7 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide ROOTING the Redmi Note 7 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 (lavender) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.