- January 17, 2019 at 6:55 PM #67216Sibananda SahuKeymaster
This guide explains how to ROOT Mi 8 Pro using TWRP recovery, as you know the TWRP for MI 8 Pro is already available.
ROOTING AN ANDROID PHONE IS A RISKY TASK. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE DISCLAIMER.
Rooting Mi 8 Pro MAY BRICK THE PHONE PERMANENTLY.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ANDROID ROOTING BEFORE ROOTING THE Mi 8 Pro.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
How to install TWRP recovery on Mi 8 Pro:
This ROOTING guide for MI 8 Pro uses TWRP recovery. You must install the TWRP recovery on your phone to ROOT.
Here is how to install TWRP on Mi 8 Pro.
After you install the TWRP, you can proceed to further steps to ROOT the Mi 8 Pro.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR Mi 8 Pro ROOT GUIDE:Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Mi 8 Pro
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for Mi 8 Pro. The SuperSU zip file or the Magisk ROOT zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery on Mi 8 Pro may not be able to install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest SuprSU or Magisk ROOT for Mi 8 Pro or one of the following:
- SuperSU download link:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file
- DM Verity disabler download
- The Mi 8 Pro will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Mi 8 Pro using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file and the no verity encrypt file to Mi 8 Pro. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Mi 8 Pro to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Mi 8 Pro, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Mi 8 Pro via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Then flash the no verity encrypt zip file.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Mi 8 Pro ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Mi 8 Pro or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide ROOTING the Mi 8 Pro then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 Pro (equuleus) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.