- May 3, 2018 at 3:08 PM #35766shibaa987Participant
TWRP recovery download for Mi Mix 2s (polaris) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Mi Mix 2s and ROOT Mi Mix 2s (using TWRP recovery).DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL TWRP FOR MI MIX 2S. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT MI MIX 2S NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING MI MIX 2S MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD FOR Mi Mix 2s, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the Mi Mix 2s to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloaader of Mi Mix 2s
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for Mi Mix 2s and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on Mi Mix 2s.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery for Mi Mix 2s
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP on Mi Mix 2s.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
What to do after you install TWRP for Mi Mix 2s:
- You can root the Mi Mix 2s
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi Mix 2s
- You can install some of the mods available on Mi Mix 2s
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Mi Mix 2s.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Mi Mix 2s then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR MI MIX 2S ROOTING:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Mi Mix 2s. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Mi Mix 2s to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Mi Mix 2s, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Lineage SU completely. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have ROOT on Mi Mix 2s.
How to check if the Mi Mix 2s is ROOTED or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Mi Mix 2s then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.