- January 17, 2019 at 6:37 PM #67215sibaKeymaster
TWRP Recovery for Mi 8 Pro (equuleus) is now available to download. This post guides how to download and install TWRP on Mi 8 Pro.
The TWRP recovery for Mi 8 Pro is brought to you by developer(s) MiuiItalia.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(S) AND PROJECT:
If you like this ROM then do consider for a contribution to MiuiItalia and TWRP project:
– No donation link found for MiuiItalia
– Donate to TWRP’s Lead developer
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIAL TWRP FOR Mi 8 Pro. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Mi 8 Pro NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Mi 8 Pro.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP FOR Mi 8 Pro:
– TWRP version: 3.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android 8.1
– Built from – OmniROM AOSP source
– Custom ROM supported: AOSP or AOSP based Android Oreo 8.1 ROM
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Mi 8 Pro, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Mi 8 Pro Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed on it.
- ADB and Fastboot utility.
- Ulocked bootloader on the Mi 8 Pro
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Mi 8 Pro
- Force Encryption disabler download
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP RECOVERY ON Mi 8 Pro:
- Connect the Mi 8 Pro to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Reboot the Mi 8 Pro into bootloader mode and Unlock bootloader of Mi 8 Pro
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Mi 8 Pro and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder.
– Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Mi 8 Pro.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Mi 8 Pro
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Mi 8 Pro.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REBOOT INTO RECOVERY AND DISABLE FORCE ENCRYPTION BEFORE BOOTING INTO SYSTEM OR STARTING THE PHONE. IF NOT DONE THE TWRP WILL BE REPLACED BY STOCK RECOVERY.
- From TWRP, disable encryption and flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file
– Format data partition from TWRP to disable Encryption to be able to use the data partition.
– Then you flash the Disable Force Encryption zip file so that the system will not encrypt it again.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Mi 8 Pro.
You may now want to ROOT Mi 8 Pro or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Mi 8 Pro:
- You can enable ROOT access on Mi 8 Pro
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi 8 Pro
- You can install some of the mods available for Mi 8 Pro
Well, this isn’t it.
You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules, GCam APK etc. after installing the TWRP for Mi 8 Pro.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
How to ROOT Mi 8 Pro:
Now, if you want to ROOT Mi 8 Pro then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
Here is how to ROOT Mi 8 Pro.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Mi 8 Pro then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will reply back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi 8 Pro (equuleus) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:March 4, 2019 at 8:59 AM #74531crysisParticipant
Hello I’m sorry to ask a silly question but does this work for Android 9? I’m on latest global beta . Thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.