April 9, 2019 at 11:40 AM #78652Mod APKKeymaster
TWRP for Meizu M1 Note is now available to download from TWRP builder as an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP on Meizu M1 Note and ROOT Meizu M1 Note (using TWRP recovery).
After installing TWRP recovery on Meizu M1 Note you can install many android mods such as google camera (gcam) apk, enable navigation gesture, enable face unlock, viper4android audio enhancement etc. and many more.
- Required downloads to install TWRP recovery for Meizu M1 Note
- How to install TWRP recovery on Meizu M1 Note
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Meizu M1 Note
- Required downloads and guides for Meizu M1 Note ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Meizu M1 Note ROOTING guide
- How to check if Meizu M1 Note is ROOTED or NOT
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Meizu M1 Note, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Unlocked bootloader on Meizu M1 Note
- TWRP recovery download for Meizu M1 Note
- USB drivers for Mediatek
- ADB and Fastboot download
– 15 Seconds ADB Installer for Windows
– Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows
- Latest MTK Droid Root and tools
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Windows
- Install ADB and fastboot on Linux PC
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 64-bit
- Latest MTK SP Flash Tool for Linux 32-bit
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A WINDOWS PC:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS IF YOU ARE USING A LINUX PC:
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Meizu M1 Note:
Follow the below step by step guide to install the TWRP for Meizu M1 Note
Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on Meizu M1 Note.
Installing TWRP on Meizu M1 Note requires a scatter file to be created.
A scatter file of a Mediatek device is what tells about the presence of different partition and the start address of each partition.
How to create scatter file for Meizu M1 Note:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Meizu M1 Note.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Meizu M1 Note; to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone.
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Meizu M1 Note.
On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for Meizu M1 Note.
- Save the scatter file for Meizu M1 Note in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Meizu M1 Note using SP Flash Tool:
TWRP recovery download to a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for Meizu M1 Note.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Meizu M1 Note using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Meizu M1 Note scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details.
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Meizu M1 Note, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Meizu M1 Note as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Meizu M1 Note, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for Meizu M1 Note:
- You can root the Meizu M1 Note
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Meizu M1 Note
- You can install some of the mods available on Meizu M1 Note
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Meizu M1 Note.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Meizu M1 Note then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Meizu M1 Note ROOTING:
- Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Meizu M1 Note
– Well, this is a very important aspect to ROOT using Magisk zip file. The Magisk ROOT zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file.
- Download the latest Magisk ROOT zip file for Meizu M1 Note or one of the following:
- Download link to Magisk ROOT zip file (RECOMMENDED)
- Download the latest SuperSU ROOT zip file for ONLY if the Magisk does not work:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the Magisk ROOT file to Meizu M1 Note. (I hope you have already downloaded the files from the above downloads section)
- Restart the Meizu M1 Note to boot into TWRP recovery.
- From the TWRP recovery screen, click the Install button, then select the Magisk ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Meizu M1 Note, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Magisk or SuperSU ROOT file. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Meizu M1 Note ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Meizu M1 Note or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Meizu M1 Note then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Meizu M1 Note forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.