- March 11, 2019 at 2:35 PM #75102sibaKeymaster
The latest TWRP Recovery for Galaxy M20 (m20lte) is now available to download. On this Galaxy M20 TWRP recovery guide, you will find the TWRP Download for Galaxy M20 and a step by step guide to update/install TWRP recovery on Galaxy M20.
If you want to root the Galaxy M20 or want to install custom ROM then you need to install a custom recovery such as a TWRP for Galaxy M20 phone. Well, for that case this is what is the guide that you need.
This TWRP for Galaxy M20 is built by naiksiddhant17
DONATION TO PROJECT/DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider for a small contribution to naiksiddhant17 and TWRP project:
– Donate to naiksiddhant17DISCLAIMER:
Make sure that your phone is not RMM locked.
INSTALLING TWRP ON Galaxy M20 MAY BRICK AND ERASE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR PHONE DURING THE PROCESS.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Content structure of Galaxy M20 TWRP Install Guide:
- Galaxy M20 TWRP information
- Required downloads to install TWRP for Galaxy M20
- How to install TWRP for Galaxy M20
- Install TWRP on Galaxy M20 using ODIN
- What you can do after installing TWRP on Galaxy M20
- RMM lock bypass on Galaxy M20 using ODIN
- Required downloads and guides for Galaxy M20 ROOT
- Step-by-Step guide on Galaxy M20 ROOTING guide
- How to check if Galaxy M20 is ROOTED or NOT
INFORMATION OF THIS TWRP RECOVERY FOR Galaxy M20:
– TWRP version: 3.2.x.x
– Supported Android Version: Android Oreo
– Built from: OmniROM AOSP sources
– Custom ROM supported: Android Oreo ROM and later
Galaxy M20 TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD, OTHER REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND GUIDES:
HOW TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP FOR Galaxy M20:
Make Sure You have already done the below:
Make sure that you have already downloaded all of the above mentioned files and done the following things:
- Installed Samsung USB driver for your phone
- Installed the ODIN application on your Windows PC
- Enable OEM Unlock on your phone- In some newer Samsung phones like: Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ and later, you need to enable OEM Unlock option in Developer Options.
– By default the Developer Options is hidden and you need to enable the Developer Options first. Go to the below link (the link will open in a new window), enable Developer options and come back to this page:
How To Enable Developer Options
– Now when you have enabled the Developer Options, go to the Developer Options and then enable the OEM Unlock option.
HOW INSTALL TWRP ON Galaxy M20 USING ODIN:
- Connect the Galaxy M20 to the PC using the USB cable and install required Samsung USB driver
- Restart the Galaxy M20 phone into download mode in order to install TWRP for Galaxy M20 using the ODIN application.
Press and hold the below three buttons until you see a WARNING SCREEN! to enter into the Download mode:
Volume DOWN key + Bixby Button
When you see the WARNING SCREEN press the volume UP key to continue into the Download mode.
- Open the ODIN application on your Windows PC and see the device is already connected
– At this moment I believe your phone is already connected to the PC, if not, then Connect your phone (while it is still in the download mode) to the PC using a USB cable.
– ODIN will show an Added! message on the message box with a port number on the top left screen of ODIN application.
– If you don’t see an Added message and a port number, then try uninstall and re-install the Samsung Driver.
– Try a different USB driver or Install Samsung Kies to install default Samsung Drivers.
[Device Added on ODIN]
- Then click on the AP button on the ODIN application and select the TWRP for Galaxy M20 which might be in .tar file extension
[Click on the AP button and select the TWRP recovery for Galaxy M20]
- Select the appropriate options before flashing the twrp on Galaxy M20.
Make sure only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and all other boxes are un-checked.
[Select the ODIN Options]
- Select the Start button, which will start the flashing process. When you get the PASS message, then your phone will reboot automatically
[Click on Start and wait till it completes]
– If you see a FAIL message on the screen then read the log on the left side of the ODIN application and try to FIX the ERROR.
What to do after you install TWRP for Galaxy M20:
Now your Samsung Galaxy M20 is installed with the TWRP recovery and you may disconnect your phone. Here are some more guides using the TWRP recovery:
- You can bypass RMM lock on Galaxy M20
- You can root the Galaxy M20
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Galaxy M20
- How to reset Android using TWRP
- How to take NANDROID backup using TWRP
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Galaxy M20.
But before you can use the TWRP on Galaxy M20, you have to bypass the RMM lock.
Follow the below step by step instructions to bypass RMM lock on Galaxy M20.
How to flash RMM bypass zip on Galaxy M20 using TWRP:
- Restart the Galaxy M20 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- You need to decrypt the /data partition on the Galaxy M20
– Go to Wipe>Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When /data partition is wiped, go the the TWRP home screen and reboot into TWRP recovery.
– This time the /data partition would be mounted by TWRP. [THIS IS IMPORTANT]
- Now download and copy the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and RMM bypass.zip file to Galaxy M20. (You can download the files from the above downloads section)
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and RMM bypass zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install both the zip file on Galaxy M20, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Galaxy M20 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file and RMM bypass zip file on Galaxy M20. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a fully featured TWRP on Galaxy M20.
Now, if you want to ROOT Galaxy M20 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Galaxy M20:
- Make sure you have already installed TWRP for Galaxy M20
– Well, this is a very important aspect of how to ROOT Galaxy M20. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able to install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Galaxy M20.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT or the Magisk ROOT for Galaxy M20 or one of the following:
- The Galaxy M20 rooting will not work just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Galaxy M20 using SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file:
Galaxy M20 ROOTING using TWRP recovery
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Galaxy M20. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Galaxy M20 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file for Galaxy M20, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Galaxy M20 via TWRP:
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk on Galaxy M20. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Galaxy M20 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Galaxy M20 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Galaxy M20 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy M20 (m20lte) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, LineageOS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:March 18, 2019 at 3:29 AM #75752Redy MedanParticipant
Wrong instruction for download mode! there is no home key on Galaxy M20. Wrong instruction again.. Never check Auto Reboot options if you install twrp recovery!March 18, 2019 at 3:33 AM #75753Redy MedanParticipant
Don’t follow this post there many wrong instructions on this post, SuperSU has discontinued you can not use it..March 19, 2019 at 1:12 PM #76001sibaKeymaster
I have updated the button combination that are used to boot into download mode.
Also, SuperSU has been discontinued but it is not true that you cannot install that to ROOT. You can but there is always a risk because it might not be updated with the latest Android requirements.
That is why I have added a magisk root zip file too.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.