May 26, 2018 at 7:28 AM #37516GuestModerator
TWRP recovery download for Xperia Z5 (sumire) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Xperia Z5 and ROOT Xperia Z5 (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP build for Xperia Z5 is brought to you by developer(s) AndroidInfotechDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Xperia Z5. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Xperia Z5 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Xperia Z5 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD FOR Xperia Z5, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the Xperia Z5 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloaader of Xperia Z5
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for Xperia Z5 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on Xperia Z5.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.0.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP recovery for Xperia Z5
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP on Xperia Z5.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
What to do after you install TWRP for Xperia Z5:
- You can root the Xperia Z5
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Xperia Z5
– LineageOS 14.1 for Xperia Z5
– CM14.1 for Xperia Z5
- You can install some of the mods available on Xperia Z5
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on Xperia Z5.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Xperia Z5 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Xperia Z5 ROOTING:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Xperia Z5. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Xperia Z5 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Xperia Z5, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have ROOT on Xperia Z5.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Xperia Z5 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Xperia Z5 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.