- June 8, 2018 at 7:57 PM #38525shibaa987Participant
TWRP for Mi 6x (wayne) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Mi 6x and ROOT Mi 6x (using TWRP recovery).DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Mi 6x. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Mi 6x NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Mi 6x.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Mi 6x, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the Mi 6x to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloader of Mi 6x
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Mi 6x and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Mi 6x.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Mi 6x
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Mi 6x.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Mi 6x. You may now want to ROOT Mi 6x or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Mi 6x:
- You can enable Mi 6x ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Mi 6x
- You can install some of the mods available for Mi 6x
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Mi 6x.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Mi 6x then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Mi 6x:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- The Mi 6x will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Mi 6x. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Mi 6x to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Mi 6x, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Mi 6x ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Mi 6x or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Mi 6x via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Mi 6x or to following the Mi 6x rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will rwayne back to your query as soon as possible.
Attachments:August 2, 2018 at 5:44 AM #42015way2abheyMember
I did follow the guide for my Xiaomi Mi 6X but after installing TWRP, it is asking for the Mount decrypt password. No password works at this stage ( no screen lock passord or my mi account login password). Practically dont know what password it is expecting here.
Mount Decrypt Data – Password.
AnandAugust 2, 2018 at 8:51 AM #42020shibaa987Participant
I think TWRP is installed but you are being asked to enter a password by TWRP. Correct me if I am wrong.
Well, you can try few things.
First I will suggest to clean the password database if you have any.
How to clean password database using TWRP?
Go to /data/system using TWRP filemanager.
Delete all .key files and also delete locksettings.db file.
This should clean any passwords been there on the phone.
If there is no .key file or the locksettings.db file then try format the /data partition.
It’s possible that TWRP is expecting a decrypted /data partition? May be.
This will delete all of your data and will decrypt the /data partition.
Hope this helps you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.