- May 30, 2018 at 12:33 PM #37725
TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3 is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3 and ROOT Oukitel Coosea K3 (using TWRP recovery).
This TWRP download for Oukitel Coosea K3 is brought to you by developer(s) CANALLADISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Oukitel Coosea K3. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT Oukitel Coosea K3 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Oukitel Coosea K3 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Oukitel Coosea K3, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
Follow the below step by step guide to install the TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3
Before installing TWRP you may require an unlocked bootloader on Oukitel Coosea K3.
Installing TWRP on Oukitel Coosea K3 requires a scatter file to be created.
A scatter file of a Mediatek device is what tells about the presence of different partition and the start address of each partition.
How to create scatter file for Oukitel Coosea K3:
This guide need the Droid MTK Tool. With the help of Droid MTK Tool we will create the scatter file for Oukitel Coosea K3.
- Download the Droid MTK Tool from the above Downloads section.
- It’s in a zip file, so extract that file or open using WinRar or some application and then open the MTKDroidTools.exe file.
- Enable USB Debugging under Developer Options on the Oukitel Coosea K3; to make the device accessible via ADB.
- Then connect the phone using the USB cable to the PC.
– When you connect the phone to the PC, MTKDroidTool will show all the information about your phone.
- On the below portion of the screen you will see a Blocks Map button. Click on the button
- On the next screen you have all the partition information and starting address of all the partitions of Oukitel Coosea K3.
On the bottom of the screen you see a Create scatter file button.
– Click on the button to create scatter file for Oukitel Coosea K3.
- Save the scatter file for Oukitel Coosea K3 in a location which you can remember and access easily.
Now Install TWRP on Oukitel Coosea K3 using SP Flash Tool:
TWRP recovery download to a Mediatek phone is done by SP Flash tool, which uses a scatter file to know which address the recovery partition starts.
Make sure you have downloaded the SP Flash tool and created the scatter file for Oukitel Coosea K3.
Follow the below steps to install the TWRP on Oukitel Coosea K3 using the scatter file.
- Open the SP Flash tool zip file and then open the flash_tool.exe file.
- Click browse on the the scatter-loading file section and select the Oukitel Coosea K3 scatter file you created earlier using the MTKDroid Tool.
After selecting the scatter file, the SP Flash tool application automatically find available partitions and other details.
- Now select the location next to the Recovery partition and select the TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3, which is in .img format.
- Then click on the Download button to start downloading/flashing of the TWRP recovery on Oukitel Coosea K3 as shown in the picture.
- After clicking on the download button you will see a red bar on the bottom followed by a yellow bar.
When the TWRP is downloaded to Oukitel Coosea K3, the SP Flash tool will alert you saying Download is done.
What to do after you install TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3:
- You can root the Oukitel Coosea K3
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Oukitel Coosea K3
- You can install some of the mods available on Oukitel Coosea K3
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Oukitel Coosea K3 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR Oukitel Coosea K3 ROOTING:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT file to Oukitel Coosea K3. (I hope you have already downloaded the SuperSU zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the Oukitel Coosea K3 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk for Oukitel Coosea K3, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Oukitel Coosea K3 ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Oukitel Coosea K3 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Oukitel Coosea K3 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
Attachments:August 28, 2018 at 12:35 PM #46781
Please Provide info to root Oukitel K6, and custom ROMS if any…August 31, 2018 at 7:30 PM #47661
Did you try rooting using the following method:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.