May 29, 2018 at 9:28 PM #37708shibaa987Moderator
TWRP recovery download for OnePlus 6 (enchilada) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for OnePlus 6 and ROOT OnePlus 6 (using TWRP recovery).DISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR OnePlus 6. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP RECOVERY AND ROOT OnePlus 6 NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON YOUR PHONE, WHICH MAY VOID YOUR PHONE’S WARRANTY.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING OnePlus 6 MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
TWRP RECOVERY DOWNLOAD FOR OnePlus 6, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Connect the OnePlus 6 to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloaader of OnePlus 6
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP recovery for OnePlus 6 and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.- To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 6.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install TWRP on OnePlus 6.Once the flash has completed, Manually boot it into recovery by pressing the Vol Button for a couple of times till you see recovery in red at the top and then hit the power button to reboot to recovery and use your password/pattern/pin to decrypt the storage.
- After decryption of data, use the right tab to select English as you language & swipe to continue.
- Select Install Menu and Install img > Select partition to flash Image as boot and then Select the stock boot.img provided on the download package
- Then flash the TWRPWorkingInstaller.zip package to remove the lag
- Then flash the TWRP-Blue-Fix.zip package to bring TWRP to default blue color.
What to do after you install TWRP for OnePlus 6:
- You can enable root on the OnePlus 6
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for OnePlus 6
– Lineage OS 15.1 for OnePlus 6
- You can install some of the mods available on OnePlus 6
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP on OnePlus 6.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT OnePlus 6 then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR GUIDES FOR OnePlus 6 ROOTING:IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Your phone will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download and copy the SuperSU or Magisk or the Root.zip (from the OP6 TWRP.rar package) file to OnePlus 6. (I hope you have already downloaded one of the root zip file from the above downloads section)
- Now restart the OnePlus 6 to boot into TWRP recovery.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file or the Root.zip file provided in the OP6 TWRP.rar, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the Root package. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have ROOT on OnePlus 6.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on OnePlus 6 or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SU ROOT binary via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for OnePlus 6 then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.
? Google Camera APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.