- June 15, 2018 at 2:07 PM #38789shibaa987Participant
TWRP for Moto G6 Plus (evert) is now available from an unofficial build and this post guides you how to install TWRP for Moto G6 Plus and ROOT Moto G6 Plus (using TWRP recovery).
The TWRP download for Moto G6 Plus is brought to you by developer(s) erfanoabdi
THIS IS AN INITIAL UNOFFICIALLY BUILD TWRP FOR Moto G6 Plus. FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK.
INSTALLING THE TWRP FOR Moto G6 Plus NEEDS AN UNLOCK BOOTLOADER ON Moto G6 Plus.
DURING THE BOOTLOADER UNLOCK PROCESS ALL THE PHONE DATA WILL BE ERASED.
ROOTING Moto G6 Plus MAY BRICK THE PHONE.
MAKE SURE YOU READ THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF ROOTING BEFORE YOU PROCEED FURTHER.
Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Moto G6 Plus, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Moto G6 Plus Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
- Ulocked bootloader on the Moto G6 Plus
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Moto G6 Plus
- USB drivers
- TWRP download for Moto G6 Plus
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Moto G6 Plus:
- Connect the Moto G6 Plus to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install ADB and fastboot utility on Windows PC or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloader of Moto G6 Plus
- Then, on your PC, go to the directory where you have downloaded the TWRP for Moto G6 Plus and then open the command console or terminal on this directory on your PC.
– To open a command window on Windows OS in the current directory, press shift + Right Click anywhere on Windows explorer, or some folder. Then on the menu opened, just press the “w” key on the keyboard or select “Open command window here” to open a command window.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Enter the following command on the opened command window:
adb reboot bootloader
to put your phone into bootloader mode where you can flash/install TWRP for Moto G6 Plus.
If your phone asks for permission; such as “Allow USB debugging” then just tap on OK to proceed.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
While executing this command make sure to replace the twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img with the actual filename of the TWRP for Moto G6 Plus
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Moto G6 Plus.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
That’s all. You should have the TWRP installed on your Moto G6 Plus. You may now want to ROOT Moto G6 Plus or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP for Moto G6 Plus:
- You can enable Moto G6 Plus ROOT access
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Moto G6 Plus
- You can install some of the mods available for Moto G6 Plus
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Moto G6 Plus.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Moto G6 Plus then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Moto G6 Plus:
Make sure you have already unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP for Moto G6 Plus
– Well, this is a very important aspect to enable ROOT for moto G6 Plus. The SuperSU zip file is developed in a way to be installed via a TWRP recovery or other custom recovery. Stock recovery may not be able install this SuperSU or Magisk ROOT on Moto G6 Plus.
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Moto G6 Plus or one of the following:
- DM-verity and encrypt disabler zip file download
- The Moto G6 Plus will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
Step-by-Step guide on how to ROOT Moto G6 Plus using SuperSU or Magisk zip file:
- Download and copy the M-verity and Force Encrypt disabler zip file, SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Moto G6 Plus.
The required files can be downloaded from the above downloads section
- Now restart the Moto G6 Plus to boot into TWRP recovery.
- First flash the DM-verity and Force Encrypt disabler zip file.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file for Moto G6 Plus, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Moto G6 Plus ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Moto G6 Plus or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Moto G6 Plus via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Moto G6 Plus or to following the Moto G6 Plus rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will revert back to your query as soon as possible.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Moto G6 Plus (evert) forum For other Android Custom ROMs, Lineage OS ROMs, and all other device specific topics.
Attachments:October 15, 2018 at 8:56 AM #55933Christopher MoffattMember
I get the following error when executing “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-37-evert.img” from the command line.
target reported max download size of 534773760 bytes
sending ‘recovery’ (29440 KB)…
OKAY [ 0.710s]
(bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.718s
Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong.
Motorola Moto G6
OPSS27.104-15-10-4February 4, 2019 at 4:02 PM #71929
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.