August 22, 2018 at 2:00 PM #45441GuestModerator
TWRP for Moto E5 Play (james) is now available to download from an unofficial build. This post guides how to install TWRP on Moto E5 Play and ROOT Moto E5 Play (using TWRP recovery).
DOWNLOAD LINK OF TWRP FOR Moto E5 Play, OTHER DOWNLOADS AND REQUIRED GUIDES:
- Moto E5 Play Phone, USB cable and a Windows, or Linux or MAC PC with ADB and fastboot installed.
- ADB and Fastboot utility. below are the download links and guides to install:
- Ulocked bootloader on the Moto E5 Play
– Here is how to unlock bootloader on Moto E5 Play
- Motorola USB drivers
- TWRP recovery for Moto E5 Play by codyf86
– TWRP recovery for Moto E5 Play by ffllasshh
STEP BY STEP GUIDE OF HOW TO INSTALL TWRP FOR Moto E5 Play:
- Connect the Moto E5 Play to the PC using the USB cable and install required USB driver
- Install 15 Seconds ADB Installer or Minimal ADB and Fastboot for Windows or Linux or MAC as per the PC you have
- Unlock bootloader of Moto E5 Play
- Download the Moto E5 Play TWRP recovery to an easily accessible folder.
- Then, on your PC, go to the folder where you have downloaded the TWRP for Moto E5 Play and then open the command console or a terminal on this directory on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable, if not connected yet.
- Start the phone in bootloader mode.
- Now when your phone is on the bootloader mode just execute the following command on the console:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.x.x-xxx.img
- Wait for the fastboot command to install the TWRP for Moto E5 Play.
Once it is done, execute the below command:
fastboot reboot recovery
on the command console to start the phone in TWRP recovery mode.
You may now want to ROOT Moto E5 Play or may want to install some custom ROM or want to explore what else can you do with this TWRP? Head over to the following section to know more.
What to do after you install TWRP on Moto E5 Play:
- You can enable How to root Moto E5 Play
- You can install one of the custom ROMs available for Moto E5 Play
- You can install some of the mods available for Moto E5 Play
Well, this isn’t it. You can install customized themes, sound mods, Xposed modules etc. after installing the TWRP for Moto E5 Play.
TWRP recovery is the gateway to many goodies for your phone.
Now, if you want to ROOT Moto E5 Play then below is a step-by-step by guide for the same.
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS OR LINKS FOR ROOTING Moto E5 Play:
- Download the latest SuprSU ROOT for Moto E5 Play or one of the following:
- DM-verity disabled kernel
- fstab.qcom zip file download
- The Moto E5 Play will not be rooted just by installing the SuperSU APK file on your Android phone.
- SuperSU APK Free or Pro version is just a SuperSU ROOT management application.
- The SuperSU APK Free or Pro app will ONLY work if you have already ROOTED your Android Phone.
- Download, extract the fstab.qcom.zip and copy the fstab.qcom file, copy the SuperSU or Magisk ROOT zip file to Moto E5 Play.
- Now start the Moto E5 Play into bootloader mode and flash the no-verity kernel
- Next restart the Moto E5 Play to boot into TWRP recovery.
- In the TWRP, mount the Vendor partition and copy the fstab.qcom file.
- After that format the data partition.
- Then, Select the Install from TWRP home screen, then select the Magisk zip file or select the SuperSU ROOT zip file from the file browser.
- Flash or install the SuperSU or Magisk zip file, by Sliding the Swipe to Confirm Flash on TWRP screen.
- Wait for TWRP to flash the SuperSU or the Magisk. Once the flashing is done just reboot your device.
- Profit!!! You should now have a Moto E5 Play ROOT enabled phone.
How to check if ROOT is enabled on Moto E5 Play or NOT?
Install the ROOT checker app from the Play Store and verify if your phone is ROOTED or not.
Here is a screenshot how to flash the SuperSU ROOT for Moto E5 Play via TWRP:
If you face any problems on this guide to install TWRP for Moto E5 Play or to following the Moto E5 Play rooting guide then, you can login and reply here. Either me or some other user on this forum will rjames back to your query as soon as possible.
? Google Camera APK | Mod APKApril 4, 2019 at 9:49 AM #77857steve smithParticipant
C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery TWRP-3.2.3-TwrpBuilder.img
target reported max download size of 535822336 bytes
sending ‘recovery’ (17630 KB)…
OKAY [ 0.565s]
(bootloader) Image size exeeded partition limits
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.581s
I fixed it, phone is rooted, thanksApril 5, 2019 at 10:52 PM #78084Mod APKKeymaster
Can you try the TWRP build by codyf86?
? <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/google-camera/">GCam APK</a> | <a href="https://www.cyanogenmods.org/">Mod APK</a>
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.