- August 25, 2018 at 7:16 AM #46147
Stock ROM or stock Firmware Android 5.1 for Intex Elyt E8 Plus is now available to download. Here is how to flash stock firmware Android 5.1 on Intex Elyt E8 Plus using Mediatek SP Flash Tool.
Although I will make a very clean beginner’s step by step guide, but it is also advisable for you to go through all the steps in detail, so that you understand what are you doing.
THIS STOCK ROM FLASHING IS ONLY FOR Intex Elyt E8 Plus WHICH IS MEDIATEK MT6580 CHIPSET BASED DEVICE.
DON’T TRY TO FLASH ON OTHER MT6580 BASED DEVICES OR ANY OTHER DEVICE TYPE.
FLASHING A STOCK ROM ON Intex Elyt E8 Plus WILL DELETE ALL DATA.
– IT ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA TO KEEP A BACKUP OF ALL DATA SUCH AS: SMS, PHONE CALL, CONTACT, MUSIC, IMAGES, etc.
– ALSO BACKUP THE IMEI AND NVRAM DATA OF YOUR PHONE.
Required Guides and Downloads to Install Stock ROM/Firmware Android 5.1 on Intex Elyt E8 Plus:
Why to flash Android 5.1 Stock Firmware/ROM on Intex Elyt E8 Plus:
There could be various reasons why you may want to flash a stock firmware on Intex Elyt E8 Plus to make it a new like phone. Following are some of the key benefits you get by flashing a stock firmware on Intex Elyt E8 Plus:
- Flashing a stock ROM on Intex Elyt E8 Plus will make the phone new like at least from software point of view.
- If your phone has become too slow or lagging in performance after a prolonged period of usage, then installing a stock ROM/firmware may bring back the speed.
- If you have rooted your Android phone, then flashing a stock ROM will help you to restore your phone software to original state.
Sometimes software factory reset from Android settings does not help you get rid of ROOT.
In that case, you must flash a stock Firmware to bring back the phone to original state.
- Phone warranty will be VOID if you have ROOT on Android phone or have a custom ROM on Android phone. Flashing a stock Firmware/ROM will bring back the software to original state and will restore your warranty.
How to Flash Stock Fimrware / ROM Android 5.1 on Intex Elyt E8 Plus using Mediatek SP Flash Tool:
- Download and extract the Intex Elyt E8 Plus stock firmware files.
- Download and install the VCOM driver on your PC.
VCOM driver is required for the SP Flash Tool to recognize your Intex Elyt E8 Plus Phone to be able to download stock Fimrmware.
- Download and extract the Mediatek SP Flash Tool zip file.
- Go to the extracted SP Flash Tool folder and open the flash_tool.exe file, which is the actual SP Flash Tool application.
- By default the SP Flash Tool would have opened with the Download Tab open. If not then click on the Download Tab and then click on the choose button to load the Intex Elyt E8 Plus stock ROM scatter file.
– You will find a scatter file with a name of somewhat MT6580_Android_scatter.txt in the Intex Elyt E8 Plus stock firmware package.
– This scatter file contains all the partition information of Intex Elyt E8 Plus Mediatek phone and which binary file to flash on a which partition and address.
- After that a file browser will be opened to find and select the Intex Elyt E8 Plus Android 5.1 stock ROM scatter file.
Go to the Intex Elyt E8 Plus Android 5.1 stock firmware folder where you have extracted, select the Scatter file (somewhat MT6580_Android_scatter.txt) from there and click on Open.
- After loading the scatter file, click on the Download button to start downloading the stock firmware to Intex Elyt E8 Plus.
Firmware download does not start just by clicking the Download button. You need to connect the phone in download mode, which we will be doing that in the later step.
– SP Flash Tool automatically takes all the information and will show you the details of partition and binary file information. Verify all the details before start flashing the stock ROM or the stock firmware on your Mediatek phone.
– Verify the download mode before flashing (marked by number 1 in the screenshot).
– Verify which all partitions are being flashed (marked by number 2 in the screenshot). MAKE SURE THERE IS NO NVRAM OR IMEI PARTITION SELECTED HERE.
- Now turn off your Mediatek Phone and wait for few seconds.
Then you hold both the volume up and Volume Down button and connect the phone PC using a USB cable.
– You see in the SP Flash tool, it will start downloading the firmware to the Mediatek Phone automatically.
- After the stock ROM is flashed successfully on Intex Elyt E8 Plus, you will see a Download OK confirmation on SP Flash Tool.
After being successfully install Android 5.1 stock firmware or the stock ROM on Intex Elyt E8 Plus, you can disconnect the phone and restart if it does not restart automatically.
If you face any problem installing the Android 5.1 stock firmware on Intex Elyt E8 Plus using SP Flash Tool, then leave a reply on this thread. I will reply back as early as possible.
Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Intex Elyt E8 Plus forum for recovery, rooting, custom ROM guides etc. and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.