- April 25, 2018 at 1:32 PM #33216
Looking to install DotOS Oreo for Moto G4 Plus (athene)? Well, this post provides you the download links and explains how to update/install DotOS Oreo for Moto G4 Plus.
This DotOS Oreo for Moto G4 Plus (athene) is brought to you by developer Ayan Choudhury.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution to Ayan Choudhury and the DotOS project:
– No donation link found for Ayan Choudhury
– Donate to DotOS project
If you want some more Android Oreo ROM for Moto G4 Plus, then stay tuned to one of the following list:
– RR Oreo supported devices list
– LineageOS 15 Download
– OFFICIAL LineageOS 15.1 supported devices list
– AOSP Oreo supported devices list
– OmniROM Oreo supported devices list
– Dirty Unicorns Oreo supported devices listDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF DOTOS V2.x ANDROID OREO 8.1, WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Moto G4 Plus requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of DotOS Oreo for Moto G4 Plus:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE DotOS OREO ON Moto G4 Plus:
HOW TO INSTALL/UPDATE DotOS OREO FOR Moto G4 Plus (ANDROID 8.1):
Follow this guide to Install DotOS Oreo ROM on Moto G4 Plus for the first time or coming from another Android version:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data partition (or do factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the Moto G4 Plus DotOS Oreo ROM zip file, Oreo GApps file and copy the files to phone.
- Flash the Moto G4 Plus DotOS Oreo ROM zip from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a ROM zip using TWRP.
- Then flash the Android 8.1 Gapps package.
– Here is a post explaining how to install GApps using TWRP.
Upgrading from earlier version of DotOS Oreo for Moto G4 Plus:
- Copy the latest DotOS Oreo ROM zip file to Moto G4 Plus.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Install the latest DotOS Oreo ROM ZIP from your phone and wait till it finishes.
– Here is a post explaining how to flash a custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Then Install the Android 8.1 Oreo GApps package.
– Here is: how to flash GApps using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Reboot to system after installing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Moto G4 Plus with DotOS. If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.
Rooting DotOS Oreo ROM on Moto G4 Plus:
There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
Here is how to ROOT DotOS Oreo ROM, a step-by-step guide !!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.