- April 19, 2018 at 1:41 PM #32997
Looking to install AOSP Oreo for Redmi 4A (rolex)? Well, this post provides you the download links and explains how to update AOSP OREO for Redmi 4A.
This AOSP Oreo for Redmi 4A (rolex) is brought to you by developer CarlosArriagaCM.
DONATION TO DEVELOPER(s):
If you like this ROM then do consider a small contribution to CarlosArriagaCM:
– Donate to CarlosArriagaCMDISCLAIMER:
THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD OF ANDROID OREO (Android 8.1), WHICH MAY HAVE MANY BUGS. BACKUP THE CURRENT ROM BEFORE FLASHING. TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Installing a custom ROM on a the Redmi 4A requires a custom recovery to be installed, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.
Status of AOSP Oreo for Redmi 4A (Android 8.1) ROM:WHAT’S WORKING:
– UnknownKNOWN ISSUES:
REQUIRED DOWNLOADS AND LINKS TO UPDATE Redmi 4A AOSP OREO ROM:
HOW TO INSTALL/ASH/UPDATE ANDROID OREO FOR Redmi 4A (ANDROID OREO 8.1, AOSP ROM):
Follow this guide to update AOSP Oreo on Redmi 4A for the first time or coming from another ROM:
Points to NOTE on BACKUP before updating:
– Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
– Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
– It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.
- Boot into Recovery by one of the following method:
– Power off the phone and keep pressing key combinations while turning on your phone.
– If you have enabled USB debugging and you have ADB utility installed on your PC then you can execute the following command on a console or command prompt:
adb reboot recovery
- Wipe data partition (or do a factory reset), Cache partition, Dalvik/ART Cache and Format the System partition using the recovery.
– Here is a guide explaining how to wipe data using TWRP recovery.
This will delete all your data on your phone. You may consider complete backup of your phone data or take a NANDROID backup of the current ROM.
IGNORE IF YOU DON’T WANT TO OR IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DONE THIS.
– How to backup all data on your Android Device.
– how to take NANDROID backup using TWRP recovery.
- Download the Redmi 4A Android Oreo ROM zip file from the above download link and copy the files to phone.
- Install the Redmi 4A Oreo AOSP ROM zip from device.
– Here is a post explaining how to Install a ROM zip using TWRP.
Upgrading from earlier version of AOSP Oreo for Redmi 4A:
- Copy the latest Redmi 4A AOSP Oreo ROM ZIP file to your phone.
- Boot into Recovery.
- Install the latest AOSP Oreo ROM ZIP from your phone and wait till it finishes installing.
– Here is a post explaining how to Install custom ROM using TWRP recovery.
- Reboot and Enjoy
Reboot to system after Installing is done completely. Do the required initial setup and enjoy the Android Oreo ROM for Redmi 4A (rolex). If you face any problem following this guide or post installation then just login and leave a comment to get an instant reply.There is no inbuilt ROOT functionality available on this ROM.
To root this Redmi 4A Oreo AOSP ROM, Install the SuperSU and then Profit !!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.