- March 4, 2017 at 5:56 PM #14448
Looking to ROOT the Honor 6x? This topic explains in a simple step-by-step guide, how to ROOT Honor 6x. After ROOTing the honor 6x you can put the Honor 6x (berlin) on steroids which can do something more for you than other Honor 6x stock devices.DISCLAIMER:
Rooting Honor 6x requires the bootloader to be unlocked, which may VOID your warranty. You will lose your data after bootloader unlock and hence before proceeding further you may consider backup your all data.
You are the only person making changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by YOU.
Requirements for Honor 6x ROOTing guide:
- Unlocked bootloader on Honor 6x. Here is the bootloader unlock guide for Honor 6x
- Computer with ADB and fastboot installed.
– If you are using a Linux or MAC: ADB and Fastboot on Linux/MAC PC
– If you are using a Windows PC: ADB and Fastboot on Windows PC
- TWRP recovery for Honor 6x.
Here is the TWRP update guide for Honor 6x (berlin)
- Latest SuperSU binary by Chainfire.
Here is the SuperSu download link
- Enough battery backup on the phone.
How to flash SuperSU and ROOT Honor 6x:
- STEP 1:
Unlock the bootloader on Honor 6x.
Follow the guide to unlock: Honor 6x bootloader unlock guide
- STEP 2:
Install TWRP recovery on Honor 6x.
– Here is the TWRP update guide for Honor 6x (berlin)
- STEP 3:
Download the SuperSu zip package from the requirements section.
Flash the SuperSU zip package. Use the following guide to ROOT the Honor 6x: Flash SuperSU using TWRP recovery
That’s all friends. You now have ROOT access on the Honor 6x. Give the power that comes with ROOT. For custom ROMs like: Lineage OS 14.1, Lineage OS 13, Resurrection Remix ROM and many other ROMs, you can look into the Huawei Honor 6x forum.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.