- This topic is empty.
- November 20, 2019 at 9:56 PM #101370sibaKeymaster
The GCam or Google Camera is now available to download for Realme 5 built by marco. This build of Google Camera APK (GCam APK) for Realme 5 is the latest one and has all the features working. This is just a port of GCam APK and not the actual stock Google Camera that is available on Google Pixel phones.
Google Camera is known for it’s HDR+, Portrait mode, Night sight mode, Google lens integration etc. which are exclusive to the Google’s Pixel camera app. No other camera app has a match to these features. Google Camera is only available for Google Pixel devices but developers have ported the same to other devices as well and that is why we have the GCam APK available for Realme 5 phone.
So let’s check out the working features of this build, how to download and install the GCam apk on Realme 5 in the below sections!
About this GCam for Realme 5:
- This GCam is for devices running Android Pie and up.
- This GCam APK for Realme 5 is a port of Google Camera 6.1.021.
- This build of GCam for Realme 5 supports xml configuration file.
Download Google Camera APK for Realme 5:
Don’t bother about Camera2 API, as it is enabled by default on devices shipped with Android Oreo or later.
NOTE: Comment in a reply if this GCam has some issues or not working at all.
How to Install the Google Camera APK on Realme 5:
- Download the GCam apk from the above download link.
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the downloaded app to install.
- Once installed you can clear the app data and open the app and enjoy the feature packed Google Camera APK on Realme 5.
How to Install xml config file on Realme 5 Google Camera APK:
- Download the Marco_1.4_UP1.xml config file from the above download link which is compatible with the Realme 5 GCam 6.1.021
- Once Google Camera is installed, create the following directories on the ROOT of your phone’s internal memory and copy the xml config file:
- First create a directory in the name of GCam (G and C capital letter) under the ROOT directory.
- Then create a directory named Configs (C in capital letter) under GCam directory.
- Copy the xml config file in this directory.
- Now you can open the app and click on the blank space beside the capture button in two fingers.
- When prompted, tap on RESTORE to load the config file. (do this twice as for the first time the config did not loaded)
- Once the xml config file is loaded, you are done with the installation.
It is possible that this is not the only Google camera mod that works on Realme 5. There could be other GCam mods out there that may just work fine on the phone.
Try other GCam APK for Realme 5
Google Camera APK is never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app built by Arnova8G2.
That’s all for the Realme 5’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Realme 5.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Realme 5. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Realme 5.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Realme 5 forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.