October 11, 2019 at 1:51 PM #99660sibaKeymaster
The GCam or Google Camera for Galaxy S9 (Exynos and Snapdragon) is now available to download which is based on Arnova8G2, IDan and xtrme’s build. This post includes different Google camera apps for both Galaxy S9 Snapdragon and Exynos variant.
This GCam APK build was not primarily built for Galaxy S9, hence it is possible that all of the camera features might not be working well. Never mind to try other Google Camera APK or other Arnova8G2 Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
Status of this Galaxy S9 Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Aperture switching for main camera (settings > Samsung CameraAPI2 > toggle Switch to 2.4f aperture)
– Top Shot Mode: Now works with Google Photos
– Night Sight
– Portrait mode
– Wide angle camera (hold the toggle camera button to switch between wide and regular rear cameras, press to switch between rear camera and front camera)
– Works without Google servicesKNOWN ISSUES:
– Nothing reported yet
Where to Download Google Camera for Galaxy S9?
Below are the compatible GCam for both the Exynos and the Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S9.
For Galaxy S9 Exynos:
For Galaxy S9 SnapDragon:
Select the latest GCam 7.4 build and the NZ-Arnova-7.4.104_200706.1149-.xml
GCam for Galaxy S9 Snapdragon Android Pie:
Google Camera 6.2.024 for Galaxy S9
GCam for Galaxy S9 Snapdragon Android Oreo:
Google Camera 6.1.021 for Galaxy S9 (with Night Sight)
Google Camera 6.1.021 for Galaxy S9 (another build with Night Sight)
How to Install Google Camera APK on Galaxy S9?
- Download the GCam apk for Galaxy S9 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
- Start the Google camera app and enjoy ultimate mobile photography on Galaxy S9.
How to enable Night and Dark mode on IDan’s GCam 4.7 for Galaxy S9 Exynos?
To enable Night mode and Super Night (Dark) mode on this GCam, follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings > Disable Reduce contrast if it is enabled.
- Scroll down little more and go to Portrait, Lens Blur and other settings > Lens Blur mode megapixels > Set as 12.6 MP
- Then go to Fast config. toogles > enable the Enable Night settings toggle by Egoist, enable the Enable Super Night (Dark) settings toggle by Egoist and enable the Enable Default config. toggle
Default settings to set for Galaxy S9 Google Camera 6.2.024 APK:
Enable or set the following settings to get maximum out of the app:
- Sensor: RAW_SENSOR Viewfinder: YVU_420_888
- Base Config: Pixel2018 ZSL HDR+
- Back camera: Pixel XL(for better nightshots) or Pixel 3 XL
- Front camera: Pixel XL
Images captured on Galaxy S9 using the Google CameraIt is possible that this is not the only Google camera mod that works on Galaxy S9. There could be other GCam mods out there that may just work fine on the phone.
Try other GCam for Galaxy S9
Google Camera is never available for phones other than Google Pixel series. With that fact, this is just a port of the actual Google Camera app.
That’s all for the Galaxy S9’s Google camera. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Galaxy S9.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Galaxy S9. Below forum will have all available working Google Camera for Galaxy S9.Visit the following link to get other updates for Galaxy S9 on Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.