- October 5, 2019 at 12:28 PM #99419
The Pixel camera or GCam or well known as Google Camera for Redmi 4x is now available to download. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
Any of the listed GCam APK was not primarily built for Redmi 4x, hence it is possible that all of the camera features might not be working well. Never mind to try other Google Camera or other Arnova8G2’s Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
About the Google Camera for Redmi 4x:
As of now, there are 2 builds of Google Camera included in the downloads list.
– Google Camera 5.1.018: with HDR+, portrait mode (For Android Oreo or later)
– Google Camera 6.1.013: With Night Sight mode and all other features (for Android Oreo or later)
Status of this Redmi 4x Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Portrait mode
– Slow motion
– Night Sight modeKNOWN ISSUES:
– View finder might be black on night sight mode but captures images
To use Google Camera on Redmi 4x, you need to enable camera2 API. Without the Camera2 API no Google camera will work on the phone!
To enable Camera2 API you can flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using a custom recovery.
– To be able to flash the Camera2 API zip file, your phone need to be bootloader unlocked and a TWRP recovery has to be installed.
Download Google Camera for Redmi 4x:
How to Install Google Camera APK on Redmi 4x?
- Download the GCam apk for Redmi 4x from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Redmi 4x.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi 4x. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Redmi 4x.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi 4x forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.