- September 23, 2019 at 3:44 PM #98697
The Pixel camera or GCam or well known as Google Camera for Nokia 5 is now available to download. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
Any of the listed GCam APK was not primarily built for Nokia 5, hence it is possible that all of the camera features might not be working well. Never mind to try other Google Camera or other Arnova8G2’s Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
About the Google Camera for Nokia 5:
As of now, there are 3 builds of Google Camera included in the downloads list.
– Google Camera 4.4: with ZSL, HDR+ etc. (For Android Nougat or later)
– Google Camera 5.1.018: with HDR+, portrait mode (For Android Oreo or later)
– Google Camera 6.1.013: With Night Sight mode and all other features (for Android Oreo or later)
Status of this Nokia 5 Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Portrait mode
– Slow motion
– Night Sight modeKNOWN ISSUES:
– View finder is black on night sight mode but captures images
Download Google Camera for Nokia 5:
How to Install Google Camera APK on Nokia 5?
- Download the GCam apk for Nokia 5 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Nokia 5.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 5. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Nokia 5.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Nokia 5 forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.