- September 19, 2019 at 7:26 PM #97934sibaKeymaster
The Pixel camera or well known as Google Camera APK for Mi A2 is now available to download which is based on back.rider’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
This GCam APK build was not primarily built for Mi A2, hence it is possible that all of the camera features might not be working well. Never mind to try other Google Camera APK or other Arnova8G2’s Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
About this Google Camera for Mi A2:
Following are true ONLY for the back.rider’s 6.2.030 build version test1.3a of Google Camera app.
- Added DCI-P3 toggle
- Some bug fix around portrait DCIM/Camera toggle
Status of this Mi A2 Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Mi A2
Google Camera2 API is what enables advanced camera features such as: RAW image capture, High frame rate video recording, slow motion, etc.
To be able to install and run Google Camera successfully, the Camera2 API must be enabled.
Enabling Camera2 API requires ROOT access which in turn requires the bootloader to be unlocked.
Follow the below guide to enable Camera2 API on Mi A2:
- Unlock bootloader.
- Root the phone temporarily or permanently as per your choice.
- Either flash a camera2 API enabled patched boot image or flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using custom recovery.
Download Google Camera for Mi A2:
Google Camera 6.2.030 1.3a for Mi A2 (Latest version)
How to Install Google Camera APK on Mi A2?
- Download the GCam apk for Mi A2 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable or other latest updates of GCam for Mi A2.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A2. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Mi A2.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi A2 forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.