- September 19, 2019 at 7:26 PM #97934Sibananda SahuKeymaster
Many working ports of GCam for Mi A2 (Mi 6X) are available to download which features Night Sight and Astrophotography mode along with other Google Camera features. All the compatible GCam for Mi A2 are brought to you by back.rider, the_dise, Parrot043.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Mi A2 (Mi 6X).
- GCam 7.3 (Latest version)
- GCam 7.1
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The GCam 6.2 provides night sight and GCam 7.x provides Astrophotography mode along with other legacy Google Camera features.
Status of this Mi A2 Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Mi A2
Google Camera2 API is what enables advanced camera features such as: RAW image capture, High frame rate video recording, slow motion, etc.
To be able to install and run Google Camera successfully, the Camera2 API must be enabled.Enabling Camera2 API requires ROOT access which in turn requires the bootloader to be unlocked.
Follow the below guide to enable Camera2 API on Mi A2:
- Unlock bootloader.
- Root the phone temporarily or permanently as per your choice.
- Either flash a camera2 API enabled patched boot image or flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using custom recovery.
Where to Download GCam for Mi A2 (Mi 6X)?
How to Install Google Camera on Mi A2?
- Download the GCam apk for Mi A2 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
– When the display shows something like “Astrophotography is on” or “Capturing cuttlefish” (or on some GCam ports nothing is shown at all) while capturing photo in Night Sight mode, then it is shooting in astrophotography mode otherwise not.
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– If the GCam takes a lot of time usually more than 30 seconds then it is capturing in astro mode.
– When I kept the phone static in front of a good light source, the Astrophotography mode did not turn on.
So, make sure it is a low light environment.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A2. This page will have all GCam apk updates for the Mi A2 / Mi 6X.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi A2 or Mi 6X for other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | LineageOS
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.