September 19, 2019 at 7:26 PM #97934sibaKeymaster
Many working ports of GCam for Mi A2 are available to download which features Night Sight and Astrophotography mode along with other Google Camera features. All the compatible GCam for Mi A2 are brought to you by back.rider, the_dise, Parrot043.
Available GCam versions
Below are the compatible versions of GCam available for Mi A2:
- GCam 8.1 (Latest version)
- GCam 7.3
- GCam 7.1
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.2
The GCam 8.1 for Mi A2 is now available which has multi mode stabilization, seamless zoom feature and seamless slow motion, audio zoom etc. But in the initial versions, all of the features might not be available or might not be working at all.
The GCam 7.4 has brought better Night Sight, Astrophotography mode on Mi A2 along with other features like HDR+, portrait mode etc. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android 10, and Android 11 (may be).
Status of this Mi A2 Google Camera APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES:
Enable Camera2 API to install Google Camera on Mi A2
Google Camera2 API is what enables advanced camera features such as: RAW image capture, High frame rate video recording, slow motion, etc.
To be able to install and run Google Camera successfully, the Camera2 API must be enabled.
Follow the below guide to enable Camera2 API on Mi A2:
- Unlock bootloader.
- Root the phone temporarily or permanently as per your choice.
- Either flash a camera2 API enabled patched boot image or flash the Camera2 API enabler zip file using custom recovery.
How to Install Google Camera on Mi A2?
- Download the GCam apk for Mi A2 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Open the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Go to App settings and Clear data.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode?
Google Camera 7.0 comes with Astrophotography mode by default, but there are conditions that must be met to enable astrophotography mode. Usually, following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode if manually not force enabled:
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi A2. This page will have all GCam apk updates for the Mi A2.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi A2 for other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APK
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.