- November 9, 2019 at 11:42 PM #101039sibaKeymaster
A working mod of Google Camera for Mi Mix 2s with working Astrophotography mode is now available to download, which is based on BSG’s build of Google Camera 7.0.
About this Google Camera 7.0 for Mi Mix 2s:
Following are the features and fixes added on the BSG’s build of Google Camera 7.0 app:
- First build based on Gcam 7 mod
- For Android Pie based devices
Status of this Mi Mix 2s Google Camera 7.0 APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Night sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Everything elseKNOWN ISSUES:
Download Google Camera 7.0 for Mi Mix 2s
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 APK on Mi Mix 2s?
- Download the GCam apk 7.0 for Mi Mix 2s from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Mi Mix 2s Google Camera 7.0
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for Mi Mix 2s. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
- It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
- The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
- There must be low light condition
- It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
- This only works on BSG's build for Mi Mix 2s
- There is nothing comes on the screen that shows if the astrophotography mode is enabled
- How to know if capturing on this mode? In night sight mode, if the image takes more time to capture, usually 20 plus seconds, then it is capturing in the astrophotography mode
Try other Google Camera for Mi Mix 2s
That's all for the astophotography google camera 7.0 for Mi Mix 2s. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable GCam for Mi Mix 2s.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Mi Mix 2s. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Mi Mix 2s.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Mi Mix 2s forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.