- September 24, 2019 at 1:55 PM #98888
This is the Google Camera 7.0 APK for Redmi Note 7 which is based on bulkin043’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera 7.0 APK, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
Many Thanks to vlachorumsapiens for providing a detailed analysis and proper settings to get the most out of this Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7.
This GCam APK build was not primarily built for Redmi Note 7, hence expect that not every feature will be working. Never mind to try other Google Camera APK or other Arnova8G2 Google Camera build from the huge list, if few features do not work on this build!
About this Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7:
Following are the features and fixes added on the v4 build of Google Camera 7.0 app.
- Added a fix for slow motion. Thanks M0bi Dick.
- Added a fix to choose 1/4 and 1/8 slow-mo.
– In principle, the fix is the same as in version 6, if you do not have 1/8 support, your camera will shoot in 1/4, but not the point. It works.
- Activated stock photo shooting of stars by default, which is called as astro-photography mode.
– But there you need to have a fast processor to make it all work.
- Added item about modification settings.
- Minor changes in the code.
Status of this Redmi Note 7 Google Camera 7.0 APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– HDR+ and HDR+ enhanced mode
– Night sight
– Video recording
– Lens Blur
– Time lapse
– Astro photography mode
– Slow-moKNOWN ISSUES:
– Portrait Mode is missing
Download Google Camera 7.0 APK for Redmi Note 7
Google Camera 7.0 for Redmi Note 7
– Select the PMGC_7.0.009_SlowMotion_120-240FPSVersion_V4.apk file from the select file drop down menu and download the file
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 APK on Redmi Note 7?
- Download both the GCam apk 7.0 for Redmi Note 7 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
Optimal settings of Google Camera 7.0 on Redmi Note 7
- Set camera resolution settings to Pixel 3A
- Go to Advanced Settings and enable the following:
– Enable Show dirty lens warning
– Save selfie as previewed
– Enable HDR+ control
– Enable RAW+JPEG control
– Enable Store videos efficiently
– Enable Quick settings
– Enable Use DCI-P3 color space
– Enable Auto exposure Correction in night mode
– Enable UHD 4K in “Acceleration” mode
– Enable “Slow motion” if it is not enabled
- Pull down the quick Settings and set it as follows for the Camera mode:
– Enable HDR+ enhanced
– Disable RAW and keep it only JPEG
- Set the Saturation settings to the following:
– Back camera Highlight saturation: 1.0
– Back camera Shadow saturation: 1.6
– Front camera Highlight saturation: 1.6
– Front camera Shadow saturation: 2.0
That’s all. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable GCam for Redmi Note 7.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Redmi Note 7. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Redmi Note 7.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Redmi Note 7 forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.