- September 30, 2019 at 1:42 PM #99148sibaKeymaster
This is the Google Camera 7.0 APK for Poco F1 which is based on BSG’s build. This is just a port of Google Camera APK and not the actual stock Google Camera 7.0 APK, so you can always expect that all of the features might not be available or just broken!
This GCam APK build was not primarily built for Poco F1, hence expect that not every feature will be working. If this does not work for you then you can try the Google Camera 6.2.030 for Poco F1 which is quite stable.
About this Google Camera 7.0 for Poco F1:
Following are the features and fixes added on the BSG’s build of Google Camera 7.0 app:
- First build based on Gcam 7 mod
- Requires Google Photos app
Status of this Poco F1 Google Camera 7.0 APK:WHAT’S WORKING:
– Night sight
– Astrophotography mode
– Everything elseKNOWN ISSUES:
Download Google Camera 7.0 for Poco F1
How to Install Google Camera 7.0 APK on Poco F1?
- Download the GCam apk 7.0 for Poco F1 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera 7.0 APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
- Follow the below steps to set different settings for optimal usage of the app.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Poco F1 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astrophotography mode is not enabled on this Google camera 7.0 for Poco F1. Few settings need to be enabled. Before you proceed to enable any settings, just a heads up: from Google Camera 7.0 onward the settings is moved under Quick settings pull down menu.
Settings to enable astrophotography mode
- Open Settings
- Scroll down and click on About modification
- Then go to Developer Settings (Keep in mind that This developer setting is different than the Android’s developer settings)
- On the next screen search for "cuttle". All the cuttle related settings will be filtered.
- Now enable or check all the boxes for following options
- Now, force stop the Google camera app and restart it.
- Now, to capture photo in astrophotography mode; follow the next instructions.
How to capture photos in astrophotography mode?
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
– This only works on BSG’s build for Poco F1
– There is nothing comes on the screen that shows if the astrophotography mode is enabled
– How to know if capturing on this mode? In night sight mode, if the image takes more time to capture, usually 20 plus seconds, then it is capturing in the astrophotography mode
That’s all for the astophotography google camera 7.0 for Poco F1. Stay tuned to this article for more updates on getting a stable GCam for Poco F1.
New features are keep on coming on the Google Camera app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Poco F1. Below forum will have all GCam apk updates for the Poco F1.Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Poco F1 forum For other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.