October 21, 2019 at 10:34 PM #99964sibaKeymaster
Couple of working ports of Google Camera / GCam for Nokia 7.2 is now available to download, which is brought to you by marlin-ku, Parrot043. Reportedly this GCam works pretty well on the Nokia 7.2 with few manual settings.
Available GCam versions
Below are the available versions of GCam for Nokia 7.2
- GCam 7.0
- GCam 6.3
The Google camera 6.3 brings Time lapese, Night sight and the GCam 7.0 or later version of GCam brings Astrophotography mode on Nokia 7.2. The available GCam ports are compatible on Android Pie and Android 10.
Status of this Nokia 7.2 Google CameraWHAT’S WORKING
– Almost everythingKNOWN ISSUES
– Nothing reported yet
How to Install Google Camera on Nokia 7.2?
- Download the Gcam APK for Nokia 7.2 from the above download link
- To install apps from a third party app other than Play Store you need to enable app install from Unknown Sources on your Android device.
For Android Oreo or Pie version, enable Install Unknown Apps from the app from which you are going to install the Google Camera APK.
For example: if you have downloaded the Google Camera apk file on Google chrome or firefox browser on your phone.
Or you have downloaded and copied the apk file to the file browser and you want to install it from there.
Go to Settings > Apps & notifications or Manage Apps on MIUI > Select the app (Chrome, Firefox or file manager app etc) > Install unknown apps or Install apps from unknown sources on MIUI and enable Allow from this source
See the below screenshots that enables to install unknown apps on Oreo for Chrome app (you need to enable on the app from where you want to install the apk):
- Once enabled, click on the app to install.
How to enable Astro Photography mode on Nokia 7.2 Google Camera 7.0
By default the astro photography mode is not enabled on this GCam 7.0 for Nokia 7.2. In case you still want to change the setting, follow the below instructions to enable or disable the astrophotography mode.
- Go to GCam Settings
- Scroll down and go to Advanced settings
- Then scroll down almost to the end till you get Use astrophotography Mode under Night Sight settings.
Below are the screenshots that shows how to enable the astrophotography mode.
How to shoot in astrophotography mode on GCam 7.0?
Once the Astrophotography mode is enabled, there are certain conditions to be met to capture photos in that mode.
Following conditions must be met to capture in Astrophotography mode (known as cuttlefish in Google Camera ports like this):
– It can be enabled on Night Sight mode (only)
– The phone must be kept static (use a tripod or keep the phone somewhere to keep it static)
– There must be low light condition
– It may take few seconds for this mode to come up when the above conditions are met
See the below screenshots to get an idea how to know if it is shooting in Astrophotography mode in GCam 7.0?
Few manual settings for Nokia 7.2 Google Camera 6.3
Following are few basic settings to get the Google camera working on Nokia 7.2 optimally:
- Open Camera Settings > BSG MOD settings > Input Model > Change Interface Style – Pixel 2
- Configurations – PIXEL2018 ZSLR HDR+
- Go back – Enable Google Photos
- Disable Zoom (Preferably)
- Enable HDR+ Enhanced in Portrait Mode
- Open Saturation > Highlight Saturation – 1.8
- Shadow Saturation – 2.4 (For rear camera)
- Force stop the app and restart it again
New features are keep on coming on the GCam app and hence there could be many versions of these ported apps for Nokia 7.2. This page will always have all available Google Camera for Nokia 7.2.Visit the following link to get other updates of Nokia 7.2 on other Google Camera, Custom ROMs and all other device specific topics.
? GCam APK | Mod APKNovember 10, 2019 at 9:02 AM #101058rcmarti2Participant
I do not see the BSG MOD settings > Input Model > Change Interface Style – Pixel 2
I go all the way over to the settings but the BSG MOD settings is not shown anywhere. Can someone help?
Thanks!November 12, 2019 at 5:45 AM #101123
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.