Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 SM-T320: upgrade from Cyanogenmod 13

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (April 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Common Samsung Topics Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 SM-T320: upgrade from Cyanogenmod 13

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Hello

A couple years ago, I decided to upgrade my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (SM-T320) with a custom rom and used CyanogenMod 13.0-20161219 (Android 6.0.1)
    I’m now looking at upgrading to Nougat (or more?)…….I don’t really care if the camera will work or not, since I don’t use it. Same for the flashlight. I mainly use my tablet to watch movies and internet
    I’d really like to be able to install Netflix though, since it currently doesn’t work on my current version with CyanogenMod
    I’m not an expert, but was able to install CyanogenMod – So i think it means it’s already rooted, right?
    I’ve read a lot of things on internet, but not sure where to start and don’t want to brick it
    -) what is the latest version to download (rom and gapps)
    -) where could I find a Step by Step detailed method to succeed in this upgrade?
    -) if something goes wrong, can I at least  go back to current version (CM 13) and continue using my tablet?

By the way, when I enter in custom recovery mode, i have these options:
    Title is “Cyanogenmod recovery”
    – Reboot system now
    – Apply update
    – Factory reset
    – Advanced
    And in Advanced, I have these options:
    – Reboot recovery
    – Reboot to download mode
    – Mount /system
    – Wipe system partition
    – View recovey logs
    – Power off

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.