LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4, Nougat 7.1 ROM

GCam Port | Google Camera APK v9.2 (March 2024) Forums Samsung Device Forums Galaxy S4 – jflte LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

Android Nougat 7.1 ROM, LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 has now arrived via an UNOFFICIAL build and now an OFFICIAL build too. If you want some more LineageOS ROM build then stay tuned the Android Nougat LineageOS 14.1 ROMs list page. Here we also have the CM14 for Galaxy S4. This Galaxy S4 LineageOS 14.1 (jfltexx) is brought to you by developer Side and another LineageOS 14.1 build for Galaxy S4 is brought to you by BenLue.

DONATIONS TO DEVELOPER(S):

If you like this ROM then do consider a donation to BenLue

DISCLAIMER:
    THIS IS AN INITIAL BUILD WHICH MAY NOT BOOT AT ALL. HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING THIS AND TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Installing a custom ROM on a Galaxy S4 (jfltexx) may require the bootloader to be unlocked on the Galaxy S4 (jfltexx) phone, which may VOID your warranty and may delete all your data. Before proceeding further you may consider backup all data on the phone. You are the only person doing changes to your phone and I cannot be held responsible for the mistakes done by you.

Status of Galaxy S4 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM:

WHAT’S WORKING:
    – Not Known
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Not Known

LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 Nougat 7.1 Custom ROM

REQUIRED LINKS AND FILES FOR LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

Root binary is inbuilt in LineageOS 14.1, so you don’t need a separate SuperSu package to install to gain ROOT access. Here is How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1
    If there is no in-built ROOT or it does not work for some reason then you can try flashing SuperSU zip using recovery or else install the CF auto root for Galaxy S4: https://download.chainfire.eu/316/CF-Root1/CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip?retrieve_file=1 to gain ROOT access.

HOW TO INSTALL/DOWNLOAD/FLASH/UPDATE Galaxy S4 LineageOS 14.1 NOUGAT CUSTOM ROM:

1. Follow this if you are flashing LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 (jfltexx) for the first time, or coming from another ROM:

Points to NOTE:
      – Try to avoid restoring apps backup using Titanium Backup. It may break things up.
      – Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup! It will definitely break the current installation.
      – It is also discouraged to Restoring Apps + Data using Titanium Backup.

2. Upgrading from earlier version of LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 (jfltexx):

Complete the initial setup and enjoy Android Nougat 7.1 with LineageOS 14.1 for Galaxy S4 (jfltexx). After the installation of Galaxy S4 LineageOS 14.1 (jfltexx) you may want to enable ROOT access on your phone and here is how you can do that:
    How to Enable ROOT on LineageOS 14.1.

Stay tuned or Subscribe to the Galaxy S4 (jfltexx) forum For other Android Nougat ROMs, LineageOS 14.1 ROMs, other ROMs and all other device specific topics.

You can get the dev thread here.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the post.

It’s working fine, until now.

39478 score in Antutu.

Im using a Galaxy S4(GT-I9505), cpu Qualcomn Snapdragon APQ8064T, LTE

Linux User
    Participant

Whats the diference Optimized CyanogenMod 14.1 and LineageOS 14.1 on galaxy s4 i9505?

Just 3dtouch?!

Thanx!

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I ve got an S4 I9505. I ve installed LineageOS-20170120-jfltexx-UNOFFICIAL, open_gapps-arm-7.1-pico-20170127.
    It is working great so far. I ve tried to root the device following your procedure. I have got only 2 options fr Root Access : Disabled, ADB only.

So why am I missing the 2 others (Apps only / Apps and ADB) ?

Cheers
    Steph

Linux User
    Participant

ehi! this rom is great!
    however the GPS doesn’t work and google Allo makes a strange white noise when I send a message.
    Thanks for your work!

Linux User
    Participant

Same problem of stephane, 2 options for root. Good but there is a big issue about proximity sensor, it doesn’t work, even if you’re listening to recording on whatsapp or if you’re calling.

Linux User
    Participant

sorry
    after a reboot the GPS began to work perfectly. The only issue is the strange sound in google allo.

Linux User
    Participant

You might know that the SU binary is not accessible on the Lineage ROM by default (at least for user access) from now onwards. Lineage team has decided not to put this onto the ROM but a developer can make it to be there in the ROM out-of-box by building the Lineage ROM with WITH_SU=true environment variable.

See the Lineage 14.1 ROOT enable guide for more info. Recently I have updated the page.

Please follow the SuperSU flashing for Lineage 14.1 and see if that helps you to enable ROOT or not.

Linux User
    Participant

Hallo ! Thanks for great rom but i have a proplem
    Its about the sim card contacts ! There is no contants showed from the sim card and the app doesnt load the sim card contacts
    I have tried my sim on another phone and all is ok
    Is there any way to fix that
    I have i9505

Linux User
    Participant

I love this ROM but its terrible for battery life.. Not even 10 mins and I’m down to 88% from a full charge. Any ideas if this is going to be fixed in a update soon? Don’t want to go back to my old ROM.. Please fix pleeease!?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.