Galaxy S3 LineageOS 14.1, Nougat 7.1 ROM

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26222]Hi folks,
    how do I update to the latest version? I’m running 14.1-20170906-nightly-i9300. Also, can I skip straight to the latest or do I need to install each previous first? Thanks a lot guys
    [/quote]

You can directly jump to the latest NIGHTLY build available for your device, as long as it is the same Android version.

I can see that you are running a build from 20170906 (which is 6th September 2017). Now the latest build is available on dated 4th October 2017, which you can install on top of the current build.

Follow the LineageOS 14.1 upgrade steps to upgrade on top of existing LineageOS 14.1.

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26293]

<p style=”user-select: text;”>Hi folks,<br style=”user-select: text;”> how do I update to the latest version? I’m running 14.1-20170906-nightly-i9300. Also, can I skip straight to the latest or do I need to install each previous first? Thanks a lot guys

<p style=”user-select: text;”>You can directly jump to the latest NIGHTLY build available for your device, as long as it is the same Android version.
    <p style=”user-select: text;”>I can see that you are running a build from 20170906 (which is 6th September 2017). Now the latest build is available on dated 4th October 2017, which you can install on top of the current build.
    <p style=”user-select: text;”>Follow the LineageOS 14.1 upgrade steps to upgrade on top of existing LineageOS 14.1.
    [/quote]

cheers bro!! will I lose any data doing it this way? and do I have to reflash Gapps?

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26370]cheers bro!! will I lose any data doing it this way? and do I have to reflash Gapps?
    [/quote]

No, Ideally you won’t loose any data updating a LineageOS of same version.
    As far as I know, GApps (precisely Open GApps) retains across dirty flashes. Still it is better to keep the GApps with you, which might be handy if you loose GApps after the update.

Cheers !!

Linux User
    Participant

[quote quote=26432]No, Ideally you won’t loose any data updating a LineageOS of same version. As far as I know, GApps (precisely Open GApps) retains across dirty flashes. Still it is better to keep the GApps with you, which might be handy if you loose GApps after the update.
    Cheers !![/quote]

Thanks bro.
    Is anybody having issues with wifi constantly disconnecting? Sometimes it doesn’t even reconnect automatically and I have to go in and manually do it.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi,

I installed the first time Lineage 14.1 on my S3 (Int.),works fine but MHL ist not working.
    Is this a common issue?
    will be this changed in newer Versions?

Installed.
    lineage-14.1-20180322-nightly-i9300-signed.zip
    + Root

Linux User
    Participant

Hi all,

some new info about installation lineage (this time it was image lineage-14.1-20180830-nightly-i9300-signed.zip) version on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300):

– very huge battery drain: 100% during 12-13 hours in standby (no call, no wifi, no watching internet), when  comparing to stock rom (android 4.3, kernel 3.0.31-2823469) which lasts 5 days it is terrible

–   MTP host crashes often

– network does not work, no IMEI, nonrecognized SIM card, EFS partition damaged.

– root access does not work even it was enabled /ADB+app/ – applications checking root access shows not rooted system.

+ UI has very quick reactions

+ nice look

If/When developers fix these issues it will be good to have installed on mobile.

Linux User
    Participant

Hi. First thing. Apologyse my bad english.

I’ve flashed my S3 GT-i9300 using

Recovery: Twrp-3.2.3-0-i9300

ROM:  lineage-14.1-20181117-nightly-i9300-signed

GAPP: open_gapps-arm-7.1-mini-20181128

Then i can’t do calls nor use mobil data

The system show me a msg : No service. Selected network no avaiable

Please i need some help

Thanks

Siba
    Keymaster

@juandavaus
    Did you find a way to solve this or you still need some help?

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.